Song I wrote. Full Production F4F!

LeftFieldBeats

mixed produced and written by me. Let me know what you guys think. Really looking for honest critiques on my vocals and Verses. Will check out your stuff if you check out mine! thanks.

I like the vibe you were going for but it lacks in the execution. I feel that rapping over the beat wasn't natural for you (you missed few beats here and there/maybe syllables are off in few cases), I like the adlibs and lyrics match your voice. Beat sounds thin and the separation between instruments isn't as good as it could be, richer sounds took some energy out of your voice. I like the composition so it's more a matter of sound selection and polish while mixing. Overall, I like it even with these shortcomings. If you want me to clarify what I mean, let me know.

Mycelial Cords - Luxury | Atmosphere x Busdriver Type Beat

When you say natural when rapping what do you mean? do i sound like im almost trying too hard with the rapping aspect? ive re recorded those verse a 100 times trying to get it perfect haha. Dropped some critiques on your link btw.

Maybe not that you're trying too hard but you flow doesn't work with the beat as good as it could. I think that timing is the main issue, sometimes it seems that you're rushing/slowing down to catch the beat (right when you start the verse you miss the snare by a good amount for example). I like your voice and I think you modulate it well, so I feel that tighter flow would make your rap better.

By the way, sometimes when you did a lot of takes last ones are gonna be sloppy - it's better to have a couple of short sessions than a long one (of course I'm assuming you had a long one, so ignore if it doesn't apply). Hope you know what I mean. Practicing with metronome alone and recording short 4-8 bars takes when you really think of what syllable you want to say for each division can show you what you're doing good or bad.

Just few thoughts, maybe some of them will help. Thanks for feedback!

sounds like some early 90s Fresh Prince. On your opening vocal you need to sing out project with your diaphragm. your voice sounds trapped. i liked the bars and the flow maybe some tightening up here and there. I can tell you got about a year in it but dont quit your best song will always be your next one.

Back