.:Snake Trap:. Hard Driving Rap Beat with Strong Lead Synths F4F!

RyneCichella

So I made this beat and want to hear some critiques on it, right now I think its solid, but I've been listening to it for the past day or so and want some fresh ears on it
Im concerned the master has to much compression on it, any feedback at all is appriciated

Leave links back to your beats so I can give you feed!

Like the energy and direction man, Keep working! But, is the bass in mono? Seems to be louder on the right side, or is just me? Also, I'd replace the clap and/or process it better. The Kick can be EQd better; cut equivalent frequency on the bassline and add to kick. Find a perfect harmony between kick, clap and bassline. Good job!

With some slight work on the EQ (don't think it's overly conpressed but there sounds to be too drastic a cutoff on the high level. Not too much by way of treble in the sounds used, but that bass is almost too full. Nothing in the EQ to pan against it.

Agree with the above that the bass sounds to be in mono.

Otherwise , with some mastering level work, this is a sick, professional quality beat.

www.futureproducers.com/forums/prod...trap-dirty-south-etc/new-one-work-f4f-500525/

Good job. The beat is def. loud enough! :)

you were concerned if the master had to much compression on it. I think it might and then again it might not :) On one side I feel that the beat lacks a little punch in the kick and some sub. This could very well be a product of pushing the master limiter to much. On the other side I think that the beat might translate better (or at least louder) on laptop speakers. So as i see it, it depends on what you are aiming for.

But, is the bass in mono? Seems to be louder on the right side

I have the stereo set on my bass to pretty close to none, I think i made the mistake by using a mastering plugin to put it into mono instead of doing it from the main VST. Thank you for the feedback! I really appreciate it

On the other side I think that the beat might translate better (or at least louder) on laptop speakers. So as i see it, it depends on what you are aiming for.

I'm trying to hit a point where I can try and keep how loud I made this track, but bring out more dynamics in it. Although I was trying to make it still sound good on laptop speakers or earbuds cause thats how I feel a lot of people will hear it haha. Thank you for the feedback I appreciate it man!

With some slight work on the EQ (don't think it's overly conpressed but there sounds to be too drastic a cutoff on the high level. Not too much by way of treble in the sounds used, but that bass is almost too full. Nothing in the EQ to pan against it.

Your right, One of my worst habits is cutting out too much of my high range. I'm definitely going to revisit my mix, Thank you for the feedback dood!

nice EDM synth sound! Im missing the hihats or ride for the high end IMO.. other then that its a pretty good production

I followed you on SC.. Follow back!

check out mine

Last edited:
Sounding good. I think yeah that the high end is lacking, and that the main synth could maybe do with some more high end harmonics to spice it up a bit. The other issue I noticed was at the end of the song when the main synth drops out and its just the sub bass left. The sub bass is clicking, which usually happens to me when the attack on my sidechain compression isn't set high enough. Playing around with the side chain settings can completely remove the clicking noise, leaving you with a smooth pulsing bass.

Back