Smoke Wins - F4F

EnviZion

Here's an updated mix on something I put together about a month ago. This mix has a poor transition when I take the phaser out to start the first verse, and overall I'm just working on some new mixing techniques per some feedback on here. Still can't seem to find the right reverb to put on my snares. All feedback welcome.

https://soundcloud.com/envizion-1/smoke-wins-2

Will return all feed as soon as I can. Cheers.

Thanks for the feed. All feed returned.

I hear you. That kick has too much in the mid section and not enough punch. I'll work on it.

Jay, I hear ya. I'm using most stock sounds at the moment. Still figuring out what sounds I want to download. Re: samples, there's no samples. All played by hand.

The snare was slightly too loud for my ears but maybe that was cause of my volume. Overall this has quite a nice sound to it considering the fact that there's no samples.
I'd personally say work on maybe making the track more exciting or adding more sequences? I'm not too sure but well done.

Not bad at all. Like the instrumentation a lot, and the beat pattern is tight. I think you could benefit from some different drums though. I think a deeper, heavier kick drum would sound tight, something without that shaker-like sound on in. I really like the hi-hat patter too but I think the hat selection could be a bit better too. Mix sounds pretty good overall, could maybe use some more low-end though. Keep up the good work!
Hit me back when you can: New Beats

I think the beginning synths were nicely done and the drum pattern and hats were dope. I just think it gets all repeat ice but overall great job. I'd add something a little more to make a hook space stand out

Back