Simple flip w/ a nice chill vibe [F4F]

Shawn_Gonzilla

Hip Hop Scholar
A nice simple flip with a chill vibe. Every time I added something to it just sounded extra so I left it how it was. I think basic beats like these leave a lot of room for a mc that's really lyrical or has a unique flow. Let me know what y'all think.

Good job
I like to sample it
if you do not mind trying to check my beat

Last edited:
Interesting sample. I like the concept. I really do. The way it was flipped was simple, but at the same time really dope. I do gotta say it seems to be missing something. You mentioned wanting to keep it kind of bare but I would maybe add a bassline? Youre right though, depending on the emcee, it could make the track sound completely different. Also, every time I hear those drums I cant help but think of Dilla's "Wont Do" or the Isley Bros. Is it just me? Maybe..
"

Interesting sample. I like the concept. I really do. The way it was flipped was simple, but at the same time really dope. I do gotta say it seems to be missing something. You mentioned wanting to keep it kind of bare but I would maybe add a bassline? Youre right though, depending on the emcee, it could make the track sound completely different. Also, every time I hear those drums I cant help but think of Dilla's "Wont Do" or the Isley Bros. Is it just me? Maybe..
"
Good ear. The drums are from footsteps in the dark which is isley bros. I'll check out that dilla track though.

I'm with Dan 100%. Immediately hear that drum loop and think Dilla "Won't Do". This is very effectively simple. The vocal sample is dope but would still give an MC tons of room to shine. Sometimes simpler is better for sure. Nice work bro.

Thank y'all for putting me on won't do that track is straight flames. While listening to it I realized we sampled the same song so that was cool. I never really listened to him all that much I was always more into mf doom but I should really peep his stuff.

i really hate to critique your beat concept, because its overall dope, but that pianopart is extreme offbeat

Last edited:
i really hate to critique your beat concept, because its overall dope, but that pianopart is extreme offbeat
I just checked it again to see what you meant. I think what you're hearing is a time signature shift. The piano part is in triplets so instead of two per beat it's three so it's different from the norm. The triplets themselves sound on to me though. hmm. Your track is dope though. I like the 80's/new jack vibe, I've yet to see anything like that on here so far.

Love the sample, reminds me of some old school Kanye. I think the chops could use a little adjustments, some of them sound harsh, and sometimes he sample goes off beat. Overall pretty good, I'm feeling it.

if you have a chance, check mine out.

Had to show some love. You check out my beat last night. I'm loving the vibe to "Footsteps In The Sky". The vocal sample is dope! Keep up the good work. I left a like and comment on your soundcloud profile. You deserve it!

This reminds me of an old Ye beat. I feel like the song maybe could benefit from some spontaneous 808/bass patterns here and there just to spice things up and give it a bit more "groove" if you get me. Bass drives the groove a lot of times and this is lacking a bit of that. Otherwise, great concept to me.

I like the vocal sample a lot in this man! and those drums are very catchy :) I didn't hear any bass in it though, maybe with an 808 layered in there would add some more feel to what you're going for in this track. other than that I like it a lot man, keep it up!

Love the drums, I think they're perfect for the vibe of the song. Also love the sample...I would say it seemed to go off beat just a little bit a few times, but when I listened again I heard what you were going for. You have a real good and unique sound man keep it up!

Really enjoyed the way you flipped this sample. Something about the vocal chops that guide you through the beat. Well done! Drums fit nice and smooth over top as well.

A nice simple flip with a chill vibe. Every time I added something to it just sounded extra so I left it how it was. I think basic beats like these leave a lot of room for a mc that's really lyrical or has a unique flow. Let me know what y'all think.

As you mentioned, the beat is fairly basic but it would sound great with the right rapper on it. Drums and sample sound pretty cool together, mixing on drums is weak though. Needs some low end to make it hit

Check out my latest: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...y-south-etc/ayembeats-back-banger-f4f-534530/

I think this a dope sample flip. I would just make the drums louder it seems like the sample is overtaking the drums. Nice chill vibe here. Keep up the work.

Back