Shots Fired - Underground Hip Hop Beat

MessyBeatz

Thoughts on this one?

If you enjoyed it please help by leaving a 'Like & Comment' on the actual YouTube video.

Thanks

The piano/bell melody is really nice but it is also a bit too quiet - compared to the drums. the drums also sound slightly flat in this. Apart from that, I enjoyed the overall atmosphere

Appreciate the feedback thanks BUT im not sure I agree - I'd have to start by asking what did you listen to this beat on (Laptop speakers? - Headphones? - Cheap speakers?)

I only ask because personally myself I dont feel the drums being flat nor do a bunch of other people who have heard this beat.

Now im open to constructive criticism but i feel you either listened to this on a bad source or didnt listen properly.

Oh... and anyone else feel free to jump in and if you agree that my drums are flat - well then i guess ill stfu. Lol

Overall I liked the beat.

Re: the drums. I was listening on a pair of MRD-7506's. I though they sounded fine to me, as far the drums you selected and your eq'ing. Maybe he doesn't listen to a ton of underground hip-hop and realize that the drums are typically "bigger" and more "in the front" unlike in alot of trap stuff?

I liked the hi-hat too and frankly I would've used it more but that's just personal preference. And I feel a tubular bell on the downbeats would've been cool too.

No issue with the melody, at all..it was favorite part of the beat.

Could you give me some a feedback I just made:

Underground rap beat feed for feed

Back