Rick Polo 100Base F4F ASAP

rickpolo

What up FP,

Been a min since I have had the time to post some content. I originally started posting music here for feedback and just ran with it learning how the actually industry works. I'm in the process of dropping the visuals for the lead single off my Cruel Nights EP. I dropped the link below. In collaboration with a publicist, so far we have been featured in The Source, Respect-Mag, HipHopSince1987, Boi1da, Itsbizkit, Mechanical Dummy, and others. Our sound is genre-less, but you can describe it as blend of melody & Rap. It's a hard grind out here, everybody stay up & Let us know your thoughts & Drop Links I will get back Asap.

the reason i wouldnt be replaying it is because although it is dope, well written and prod.. quality i find the vocal lacks a bit of an edge without doing some mad autotune shit, for this style i really enjoy outrageously over the top autotune. there are also a ton of other interesting fx that could be a applied to the vocal that mesh really well with this type of style and the lack of their usage feels like a bit of an oversight or a poor stylistic choice with regard to my taaste.

return feed : https://www.futureproducers.com/for...rap-dirty-south-etc/new-beat-rain-f4f-513627/

@BigPaps Yo thanks for your input. Reasonable outlook considering how everything now is auto-tuned heavily. From the jump we were going for natural flaws within the vocal performance. Auto-tuning everything to robotic perfection makes it hard to distinguish from one artist to the next. A certain tremble in a singers voice can separate them from the plethora of artist out. Hitting your link now. Rick

Whats up bro, glad to see you back on the boards. I personally like your older music you were dropping months ago better than this track, not to say this one isn't good. Just that when you said genre-less I was expecting something a little more unique and experimental. This definitely sounds like a track I could hear on the radio, but doesn't really stand out. I personally like you how chose not to overly auto-tune your vox, and it does make it a bit more unique like you said. Mix is professional and clean and the overall vibe is cool. Keep it up and I'll be looking out for your name on the top 100!

Check me out to return feed: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...c/climb-lv-aura-100-feedback-returned-513771/

Yo my G refreshing to see you still out here grinding bro. And 100 Bro, I feel you on that. Still trying to break through. It is very difficult to market records with no commercial appeal. Just dropped the visuals if your trying to check it out homie. Hitting your link now fasho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TYUo6w6ft4

Last edited:
@LV Thanks G...I have always rocked with your joints so fan of a fan bro. keep pushing through homie they gotta hear you one way or the other. Rick

Def good to see you back fam and hear that you're working hard. Video is cool and the song is well produced as well. Vocals and flow are original and fit the beat well. Def look forward to hearing more joints from you and many blessings in the new year on your career - don't forget the little producers when you blow up! I also appreciate the feedback you left on my track and am following you on YouTube now.

@wildinout Means a lot fam, sames blessings to you my G. I have seen you out here grinding putting in work. Keep pushing the hardwork will payoff. And fasho stay in contact bro

Shit was tight except in my opinion those synths are more techno dance sounds, I think for what you're doing drums are good but maybe have some 808 earlier in the song to let unl know u bout to get hit. But instead of the synths look into some unorthodox even like acoustic guitar or electric piano. Ppl been heard this sound since 2010. Just my opinion. The only other thing is the vocals feel like a freestyle because there's no structure that I can hear. As long as the song has a chorus u should be good. Keep it up.

@JohnDoe Crazy good ears homie..I freestyle all my music from rapping to singing. Its like putting together a puzzle & gives that unorthodox vibe rather than boxed in & overly structured...Thanks for the listen bro means alot...stay up..Rick

I thought the singing was on point but did not care for the rapping at all. The beat was ok. The mix was amazing I can tell you went to a high quality studio.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...trap-dirty-south-etc/fire-up-funk-f4f-513975/

Thanks for the listen G. Not at all, I actually produce and mix everything myself. You don't need a certain studio for a certain sound. Just keep developing and perfecting your sound then everything else falls in place. Checking you out now

songs are straight.. can tell you def know what you're doing.. smart starting to do videos.. that's when things really pop offf

Back