relaxing hip hop instrumental, XPLORE - Yogi Beatz [any feedback much appreciated!]

Hey fellow producers, I just posted this instrumental 2 days ago. I worked on this one for a while, longer than any of my other beats as i kept changing it up and experimenting with it, so im really curious what you guys think about it. Any feed back, suggestions, comments or tips are welcome! Thanks :)

Hey, there are some great elements in this.. I particularly love the bass line that comes in @ :23 and beyond.. And the way you mixed all the melodic elements. I like the way you start out the beat and fade everything in and slowly reveal more and more.. I'm not positive but I think at parts the reverse sound may be out of key with the rest of the beat.. At least at first impression anyways. I like a lot of the elements percussion wise you got going on. I think in some parts where things get crazy I think you could either remove some elements or tighten up the groove a bit so it doesn't get as messy. But perhaps this is taste. The mix actually does sound pretty good, though the drums sounded a bit thin to me, at least the main drum elements, kick snare etc. Perhaps compression or slightly raised levels or somehow making them blend with the track more? The use of background percussion was nice a nice touch though. Overall I think it was a pretty good track and very ambitious!

I appreciate the review you gave of my track and the feedback.

If you wouldn't mind, perhaps you could tell me if you hear the same mix issues with this track as well?:

Not just trying to get a 2 for 1 feedback 4 feedback here but I am sincerely interested to know if you hear the same issues as I mixed this same day. Thanks!
And again, thanks for the feedback! Yours will definitely be taken into consideration when constructing my next track!

If you wouldn't mind, perhaps you could tell me if you hear the same mix issues with this track as well?:

Not just trying to get a 2 for 1 feedback 4 feedback here but I am sincerely interested to know if you hear the same issues as I mixed this same day. Thanks!
And again, thanks for the feedback! Yours will definitely be taken into consideration when constructing my next track!

Wow this is a hella smooth beat. I did feel the drums were slightly weak, i'd raise the hats and kick a bit. I would also lower the background ambient sound, i feel like it takes alot of room, the melodies are really nice and would stand out more if you did this , aswell as the rapper. But overall dope beat. Keep it up bro!

And i really appreciate the feed back you gave me. I did get alot of feedback of the 'reverse sound' being off key a bit, i was mainly going for the effect sound for it cause it sounded sick for the breakdown parts, but yeah it does clash with the rest of the beat in the beginning. I will be more careful when mixing the drums, it really is hard to get that sweet spot where its the perfect volume for all drums. Thanks bud!

Last edited:
Nice instrumental I agree with what csbr said the reverse melody did seem to go out of key a lil at certain points & the drums do sound like they are lacking a lil but the overall instrumental & vibe is real nice, great work on the sound selection I say fix the reverse melody problem and add more punch to the drums try using distortion, saturation, compression, exciters or EQ to bring more life to the drums and once you get them knocking a lil harder this shall sound dope.

Check out my latest.
[F4F] Grime Instrumental - Stormzy x AJ Tracey x Chip x Dave Type Beat [F4F]

Back