Rapture Star - In This Life I Lead (Instrumental by DROG Beats) (Desire feedback)

RaptureStar

I have made a new song and would like some real honest feedback. Give me your thoughts and feelings.

The song is about choosing the "right" path in life and going for your dreams, never giving up no matter the obstacles and always being the real you. You are the leader of your own life and so am I. No matter the hardship you are coming from, you can always choose a positive direction in your life that will lead you to something bigger. This is what I believe in.

Anyway, here is the song:

Rapture Star - In This Life I Lead (Instrumental by DROG Beats) (YouTube)

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Hey! Gave the song a listen. Its good, I like the feeling of the beat. The vocals could use some cleaning, the eq and the compression of the track could be better. To me its sound like the vocals need to be more in front of the mix and maybe not be so "dry", more fx on the vocals could give it more life and make it fit with the style of the beat.

Thank you for your listen. The truth is that I am incarcerated. I only have access to a smuggled in smartphone and a hands-free mic using Soundcamp as a DAW. Reverb on there is a disaster. Maybe I would be able to mix it better, gotta learn. Thank you for your feedback input, appreciate it.

I only have access to a smuggled in smartphone and a hands-free mic using Soundcamp as a DAW.

This puts the sound quality of the vocals in context. Great work considering the resources available to you. I think you definitely got something going on here, although I feel like the style of beat doesn't really match your vocals and the story being told. A darker, heavier style of trap is what I'm imagining would suit your voice.

This puts the sound quality of the vocals in context. Great work considering the resources available to you. I think you definitely got something going on here, although I feel like the style of beat doesn't really match your vocals and the story being told. A darker, heavier style of trap is what I'm imagining would suit your voice.

Thank you for your comment and feedback. I'm always up for improvement and experimentation, this is what I love and I have recognized that the better I get, the more fun I am having creating.

This is a "growth thing" and improvement is essential I feel. Always wanna be better.

Anyway, thank you for your input, really appreciate the good and honest words.

Bless

Back