Rapture Star - I'm A Star (Feedback desired)

RaptureStar

Hi, I have a song called "I'm A Star" and I would like to get some feedback.

I have not showed my music to many people and I wanna know what you guys think.

I have a fear of being criticized and attacked. I think it is good for me to put myself in this situation.

If you feel like it, give your time.

Here is the song:

Rapture Star - I'm A Star (YouTube)

Thanks

Last edited:
thanks for the feedback, im listening to your song right now. its personally not my style of music but it does NOT sound bad by any means. the vocals go well with the beat that you selected. good job! also for the record the beat i put is free if u wanna use it

Thanks for your feedback, appreciate it.

Do you put your beats up on YouTube? I currently don't have access to a computer and I would love to download some of your beats.

i have a few on youtube but i put all my music on my soundcloud for the most part (lofi my rap and my beats) its soundcloud.com/56jay and my youtube is 5six

Yes, the quality of the vocals are low. Bad microphone. Thank you for your feedback, appreciate it!

I will dig into your beats and see what I will find.

The energy is there! All you gotta do is improve on the mix and lyricism! Mix wise I would suggest perhaps brightening the whole song my adding a high shelf boost in and EQ (to add some vibrancy to the song) and if you have a stereo imager, image the bass frequencies 80-90hz and below to mono!

Thank you for your input. There is always room for improvement. When you say "lyricism", in what way do you actually mean? Find more "clever" rhymes, say other words? I wanna learn to be better. I wanna know what I am not good at.

Yeah, the mixing shit is a mess I know. I'm gonna study your post and apply it to the mix. Thank you again for your time.

Last edited:
It's not my style at all, but with that out of the way this has a lot of potential for people who are interested in this style. The vocals is terrible. Fix that. Once you fix that your skill level will improve.

Return Feed Back HERE

It's not my style at all, but with that out of the way this has a lot of potential for people who are interested in this style. The vocals is terrible. Fix that. Once you fix that your skill level will improve.

Return Feed Back HERE

Thank you for your feedback. Yeah, they are terrible. They are recorded with a cell phone and a hands-free microphone. I'm gonna try to mix it better. I will check your stuff out. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back