A&r claims "cups of lavishness" is not industry quality. Your thoughts?

Hey 716 (you in-the-Buff, bruh?),

While there might be some things in your mixes I would do differently, you know what opinions are like, right? There will be plenty for you from everybody wherever you go with your music, whether it's here in this forum, to a journalist/reviewer, another artist, someone else here on FP, or even a fan. Not everyone's going to like your stuff. I disagree with her comments regarding "industry quality," though.

If I was you, and I could get her to commit to some consultation time either live or on the phone/Skype/whatever, I would ask her to define "industry quality," rather than trying to guess what that vague comment means to her specifically. Then, I'd ask for artists or producers that she thinks are up to snuff. Then I'd analyze what they're doing, and figure-out how to apply whatever lessons I could learn to my own music, without losing what it is that makes it unique. If it were me, that is...

GJ

Last edited:
from a composition stand point, it's not bad... the percussions aren't quite my cup of tea.. but i agree, with what others have said.. a better mix could definitely be a difference maker. if you need help with a good mix, you can hit me up. keep it grinding tho, your beats aint bad in my book.

I agree, the mix needs work to have a more commercial sound. The actual music itself isn't bad, but it doesn't have that professional sound that would make it more of a commercial fit. I'd say work on mixing and then revisit the connect after you're sure you have a more professional, polished sound. Other than that, I **** with your music stylistically. Keep it up! Return feedback on my latest: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...c/climb-lv-aura-100-feedback-returned-513771/

Thank you! I will see what I can do! I appreciate the advice too!
Ps. Yes I am in 716 !!!

this isn't bad by any means, i have heard a lot worse, but your sound isn't developed enough and the mixing not where it needs to be. i can see why she would say that, also your music doesn't not have a mainstream commercial sound to it. im not saying i dont like the bea, i think its ok and some mixtape artist could use it but it could be a lot better.

if everyone could do me a favor and provide some constructive criticism on one of my instrumental i would be very appreciative F4F, here is the link. https://www.futureproducers.com/for...etc/kanye-west-style-instrumental-f4f-513835/

Back