Playing on My Launchpad

Outss

I'm not amazing at this yet but here is a video of me playing 4 of my beats on my launchpad. What do i need to work on? Any tips, what would u like to see? Thanks!

i like the vibes you got but the bass rolls are way off beat, you need to fix the time stretching... the voice convo is odd... i don't understand it... the rap beat in the later part is good, still kinida sounds off beat, i recmmend using a time stretching app or plugin in a DAW to fit better.i generally don't like the filthy cussing and death threats in rap, the Sade remix is nice tho, too reverb-ey but if toned down it would sound much smoother.

Last edited:
Gude,

diggin' that lo-fi stuff! Nice selection of samples. I never got my head around how launchpads work - its always dark magic to me :-D I stick to my maschine. Still i enjoy ppl play around with it. Good ish, expecting more!

Nice I don't use drum machines and stuff like that so I can't give you no tips on how to improve well I do own one but I have never used it lol I need to start using it, but I did find this video interesting makes me want to start using mine I really like your sample choices and how you chopped them as I already said I'm a big fan of the Sade track I love Sade.

Pretty cool jazzy vibes,first part of the beat is amazing,when you slow it down maybe you have some troubles with tempo,at the end good stuff man!

I think the sample gets a bit too choppy and it was fine at the start but maybe in the second part with the tempo difference. I initially didn't like the snare but warmed to it, good choice of sample. I Like the bass in particular and the drums really add that lofi jazzy vibe.

Its sick you're doing it off a launchpad. Might have to get one of those. Do you hook it up to a DAW then? I genuinely just make stuff of my laptop so its always interesting seeing people use different hardware/software.

I would find it interesting if you did a low pass when you slowed down the tempo.

Here's a beat I made a week ago.
F4F: Kaytranada type beat: Seeing Red by Mango

Last edited:
Back