Oldschool beat FEED 4 FEED

Gaus

hey guys let me know what u think of my latest beat, and then leave your linkz so i can do the same for you!

peace

Solid beat, instrumentation and mixing could use some work. I like the bass line but it sounds a little drowned out. Try EQing and compressing 'till it's more visible in the mix. The drums sound great, and I really like the different parts you've got coming in and out, again, just need to be a bit more audible. With a little mixing this would sound great! Keep it up!
Hit me back when you can: Pair of Dimes EP

Yeah man, this got my head nodding early in the morning! This is dope; really good work evoking the old school feel.

I particularly think the intro was great because it had that great sax, and it's an element that is really catchy and stands out RIGHT AWAY to pull you in. It was nice to hear it return as the track progresses.

I hear what people are saying about the mixing, maybe making the drums feel more in your face rather than kind of in a narrow tube set back from the listener. Probably a mixture of higher levers and more hi-end with the eq.

But I am a fan and I like your sound a lot!

Great job - Keep it up! I look forward to hearing more!

Please take a listen to my latest track when you have a chance: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ap-dirty-south-etc/recovery-f4f-100-a-500156/

Cheers!

thc for the feed everyone, im sorry i havent returned it earlier i dint get a notification. Ill check everyone out now!

Dope sample chops, and a nice and effective bassline. The hats pattern in the drums is real dusty too and pulls everything nicely. I won't beat a dead horse about the mixing, since others have already pointed that out. I think it's a dope beat.

I hear the same boom, clap, boom-boom, clap-boom single measure drum loop the whole beat. I actually like the grit on the drums contrary to some of the other posters, but if I were to isolate a problem with the percussion, it'd be that: take a kick and a snare out every once in a while and mix it up. Since you're using a sample, it may not be that easy to do, but on Logic Pro at least, I can zoom in and take out specific pieces of every percussion sample (maybe others, too, but I haven't tried it).

Otherwise, this is precisely the sound you were going for, and it was executed well. Keep em coming.

www.futureproducers.com/forums/prod...trap-dirty-south-etc/new-one-work-f4f-500525/

Back