Old-School Hip Hop Beat (Feedback Returned Within 1 Day)

Title say it all. Can you tell me one thing you liked and one thing you didn't like/think needs improvement and why? Looking for quick criticism so you I'll leave you feedback ASAP. Peace.

I think the beat is very repetitive. The production is awesome, but this beat needs some bass in it. But overall i think if you improve it a bit it could be a sick beat! ;)

Nice beat, the vibe is on spot, but it would be even better if that melody moved a bit more, maybe in the style of a call and response with another instrument.

Really cool sample. This would be cool for a rapper to really get something off on.

I do agree with the previous sentiments, maybe a different part of the sample could have been chopped to add some variation, just a little bit.

Dope sample. The beat is fairly minimal but gives the rapper quite a bit of room to operate. A switch up would be nice, the beat gets to be monotonous at times. Need to enhance the bass and drums just a little bit more to add more punch to it and allow the sound of the beat to match the title.

Good work on the beat man! Definitely feeling the sample and the drums you arranged. A lot of people here saying it's repetitive, maybe try getting some drum fills and adding them in occasionally to break up the sameness.

Also I commented on Soundcloud, check out my latest track when you get a chance :cheers:

Thanks for the feedback!

Overall, I think that your beat was dope, better than mine tbh lol. The main melody was ill and the hook fit perfectly and drove the concept of the beat(which to be felt like a laid-back, chill vibe) home to me as a the listner. Nothing really stood out as in need of improvement to me. Keep at it bro!

Thanks for the feedback!

Overall, I think that your beat was dope, better than mine tbh lol. The main melody was ill and the hook fit perfectly and drove the concept of the beat(which to be felt like a laid-back, chill vibe) home to me as a the listner. Nothing really stood out as in need of improvement to me. Keep at it bro!

Wow thanks so much for taking the time to give feedback and being so honest. I really appreciate it man. We both got to keep up the work, there is always room for improvement :cheers:

Title say it all. Can you tell me one thing you liked and one thing you didn't like/think needs improvement and why? Looking for quick criticism so you I'll leave you feedback ASAP. Peace.

Has an early 2000s feel for sure. I like the drum work, the kick and the snare works well and I like the percussion in the background.

I guess the main thing would be to add some bass at points, nothing too complex in the melody, but something that fits the rhythm.

I think the beat is very repetitive. The production is awesome, but this beat needs some bass in it. But overall i think if you improve it a bit it could be a sick beat! ;)

yea could use some bass or lay those and make em hit harder over all the track in nice

Back