Oh Yea! [Trap] [Will Return All FeedBack]

Hey Zakwan.
I actually liked this. Didn't know what to expect, until the 808 hit. The kick has a nice slap. 808 is cool, but I would maybe filter a bit of the distortion out, and add more depth too it :) Just tiny bit. Cause it seems to oversteer a bit. Nice Hi hats. The panning on the snare roll is awesome. I think you should work a little more on your mix? Just filter out all the unnecessary noise from each element with an Equalizer. What kind of Speakers are you using to mix on? :) I love the little vocal sample in the bridge, thats very beautiful. Especially with distorted bass. I love those kind of bridges. You made it work for you :) Last thing, I also noticed clicks along the track, probably caused by the oversteering of some of the elements :) This track could turn into gold with a little bit of mixing love :)!
- Have a nice day, Headnod.

Last edited:
Very nice I like how you used distortion on the 808, the drums go very hard matches the the slap of the 808 the vox hits are very nice and the overall dark, distorted vibe is dope as Headnod said with a few lil tweaks this beat can easily be a hit great work man.

i agree with the comment above about removing a bit of the distortion but this beat goes! As in its dope i like how you keep it interesting through out. nice hat work and vocal samples were a nice touch. keep it up!

YouTube

I really enjoyed the dramatic intro. The instruments used in the melody are really cool. The bass is awesome, but I would maybe turn it down slightly in the mix. It might be slightly overdone. Really love the little vocal samples in there. Adds a ton of atmosphere. Cool sound!

Hey Zakwan.
I actually liked this. Didn't know what to expect, until the 808 hit. The kick has a nice slap. 808 is cool, but I would maybe filter a bit of the distortion out, and add more depth too it :) Just tiny bit. Cause it seems to oversteer a bit. Nice Hi hats. The panning on the snare roll is awesome. I think you should work a little more on your mix? Just filter out all the unnecessary noise from each element with an Equalizer. What kind of Speakers are you using to mix on? :) I love the little vocal sample in the bridge, thats very beautiful. Especially with distorted bass. I love those kind of bridges. You made it work for you :) Last thing, I also noticed clicks along the track, probably caused by the oversteering of some of the elements :) This track could turn into gold with a little bit of mixing love :)!
- Have a nice day, Headnod.

Thanks for the critique bro. I'm using some LSR 305 Studio Monitors. I did everything you stated. I cleaned up all the sounds and removed the unnecessary parts. I was having problems with this track from the get go and I couldn't identify where the problem was coming from. The Clicks along the track and extra distortion just happened randomly. It's the first time it happened, I was getting alot of buffer under runs in my FL studio which i never got before. My PC is powerful, and none of my sounds are in the RED. I think it might be the SERUM plugin. There is a strange high frequency sound coming off it even though I cut off all the high end. Its the Saw bass you hear in the beginning.

I'm working on a new track now and the problem is gone. I'm like wtf... But anyways thanks for the critique bro. Let me know if you need feedback.

Very nice I like how you used distortion on the 808, the drums go very hard matches the the slap of the 808 the vox hits are very nice and the overall dark, distorted vibe is dope as Headnod said with a few lil tweaks this beat can easily be a hit great work man.

Thanks bro.

i agree with the comment above about removing a bit of the distortion but this beat goes! As in its dope i like how you keep it interesting through out. nice hat work and vocal samples were a nice touch. keep it up!

YouTube

Thanks bro. Will return FeedBack. :)

Hmm ahh ok, never worked with them :) I thought it might be the speakers that were the problem, but I'm sensing that it is not the case :) Yes it sounds like its probably a sound from the Serum Plugin, since you couldn't identify the "clicks" anywhere else :) I just listened to the beat again, and I'm very happy about the bridge. The vocals in the background are so cool :)

- You already gave me feedback on another beat, so I just returned the favor, but I have just posted a new one. If you want to check it out, here it is: Trav$ Scott Type Beat - "Wildin Out" Crazy Banger - Feedback Returned

This is dope fam! I love the distortion and the panning that you have going on with the snares at the transitions. This is a solid mix as well. The drums also cut through the mix very nicely. Nothing negative to say about this bro keep up the good work! I left a comment, like, and follow on your Soundcloud profile. Return the feed?

This is definitely dope, caught my attention straight away with the bass,
the melody is nice too, spooky, kinda get a eestbound/metro boomin vibe from this and i love those producers
the vocals are sick too
however, the 808, i can agree with the others when they say it could do with a bit less distortion, or at least some filter to it, it has a bit of airy-ness to it which i feel like ruins it abit.

All in all i really like this beat, good job bro

Back