"North Chillin" Joey Bada$$ Type Boom Bap Beat (F4F)

great beat. I agree that the main sample is a tad boring. maybe add another melody part or pick a better sample. but this sounds great

I like the flip! The drum percussion matches very well to the samples!. I think it could use some more variation in the track, and maybe a few more composition tricks, but other than that great job homie!

Here's my thread. Any feedback would be awesome!

Beat is nice my dude. Samples and sample changes are SICK!! The part @ 0:33 I would use as a verse part (16 bar shit). Only thing I would suggest is, bring out the bass more and layer out the kick some. But this is a dope concept tho.

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with other people here about the bass/kick. The bassline could definitely be turned up a tad and I just feel like the kick is too punchy/biting. Personally I'd leave the sample alone because it's great, and as a snippet I guess it doesn't matter as much, but removing or sometimes varying elements of the drums would definitely make it a lot more interesting, and that's coming from a guy who listened to it a good 5 times because it really is a dope beat.

Back