Noob to the site in need of opinions F4F

J.Hart

Well I just made this beat recently and feel like Im done with it and just plan to move the next one because I have a bad habit of re-editing beats over and over and never finishing them... so Im trying to change that lol
But anyways check me out and just let me know what you think! Good and Bad criticism welcome!

https://youtu.be/beLpHFNaxtQ

I don't know what you're thinking about changing, but it sounds good to me. It sounds really dark, in a good way. The guitar sounds dope. It sounds ready for someone to get on to me.
If you wouldn't mind checking out my m newest thread, I'd appreciate it. Don't know if it's really your cup of tea, but either way, the feedback would be appreciated. It's pretty much the opposite of this but hey...

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...you-like-tribe-called-quest-check-out-536074/

Well I just made this beat recently and feel like Im done with it and just plan to move the next one because I have a bad habit of re-editing beats over and over and never finishing them... so Im trying to change that lol
But anyways check me out and just let me know what you think! Good and Bad criticism welcome!

https://youtu.be/beLpHFNaxtQ

Well first things first, I think I should say that I think finishing tracks is an important habit to get into! I read a bit about this early on though luckily so I didn't have too much of the over-editing the same beats problem.. But, I get caught in this too, still with things I have already released. *Going back and re-editing them, just like this post!* But, oh well! Lately I've been just feeling like well, okay, I messed up in this track or this track, okay, time to put that sh** behind me and move on forward. Next track.

I think the keep moving forward thing is good. Especially just starting out, etc, because I don't know about you, but I need all the practice I can get. So I've just been trying to pound out VOLUME.

But ANYWAYS, on to your track, I actually thought it was rather clean.. I liked it a lot. Fit the video well too. I like the background synthy noises you used, the bass, the drums were fairly basic but I liked them. The panning on the hats. One thing I thought you might have been able to try/try in the future is a bass glide.. I can hear it, like having the initial bass note glide down like 7 semitones or so and then come right back up on every 4th bar or something.. Might add just a tad more variety. Otherwise, liked it a lot! The hats panning has given me some ideas too! I like how you did that! Listening now. :)

Last edited:
Well first things first, I think I should say that I think finishing tracks is an important habit to get into! I read a bit about this early on though luckily so I didn't have too much of the over-editing the same beats problem.. But, I get caught in this too, still with things I have already released. *Going back and re-editing them, just like this post!* But, oh well! Lately I've been just feeling like well, okay, I messed up in this track or this track, okay, time to put that sh** behind me and move on forward. Next track.

I think the keep moving forward thing is good. Especially just starting out, etc, because I don't know about you, but I need all the practice I can get. So I've just been trying to pound out VOLUME.

But ANYWAYS, on to your track, I actually thought it was rather clean.. I liked it a lot. Fit the video well too. I like the background synthy noises you used, the bass, the drums were fairly basic but I liked them. The panning on the hats. One thing I thought you might have been able to try/try in the future is a bass glide.. I can hear it, like having the initial bass note glide down like 7 semitones or so and then come right back up on every 4th bar or something.. Might add just a tad more variety. Otherwise, liked it a lot! The hats panning has given me some ideas too! I like how you did that! Listening now. :)

Thanks so much man I actually like that you noticed the hats. I like how it bounces on the side then flattens in front of you. I was going for a rubber band like effect (extend a thick rubberband and strum it like a guitar to get an idea of what i mean lol) while bouncing side to side almost like waves of hi hats crashing lol. It was one of the things that i edited the most too lol

BUt thanks man I appreciate the feedback! I will try that bass slide tho! Im actually taking a FUTURE approach with these beats. I plan to get them out constantly so that I am always working and improving. 2017 will be my year lol you seen it here first!

I fuck with this! The hihat panning is really cool and the sound design is on point. The guitar especially, that shit is super dope!
The mix also sounds pretty good, but I wish there was more sub-bass. It's still tight tho, dont get me wrong

I fuck with this! The hihat panning is really cool and the sound design is on point. The guitar especially, that shit is super dope!
The mix also sounds pretty good, but I wish there was more sub-bass. It's still tight tho, dont get me wrong
Hey thanks a lot bro I appreciate that! To be honest I still think this beat needs some work but I want to get it out the way to make room for more beat ideas. If it were up to me I would just keep re editing and get stuck on it lol

Back