New vinyl Hip Hop beat (f4f 100%)

anaujiram

Sup y'all , this is my first beat made using a turntable and fl studio . Let me know what you think of this beat and il return feed on your thread , soundcloud or youtube .

Thanks

i mean no disrespect when i say this but it honestly sounds boring. The beat is solid but it accomplishes what it needs to in 2 and a half minutes but it keeps going for another 2 and a half. This beat just doesn't catch the ear for 5 minutes at a time. Have you thought of adding some strings or maybe something else to spice it up a bit? I feel like more background would help it progress better and keep the listeners attention.

Again, i mean no disrespect. I just want to keep it real with ya. Hope it helps, dude.

Last edited:
I agree with you honnestly , this is my first beat using vinyl so i didn't expect coming with a hit , im already suprise i came up with this to be honnest , your right though i should have spent more time on it or cut it in half . I appreciate the honnest feedback . Il make sure to bring something better to the table next time .

Definitely agree with the above -- making this beat shorter would do it much more justice, or going the other route and added more throughout but imo, if shortened, this is actually a pretty dope little freestyle beat. Honestly it's not bad at all, with the right rapper it would really fill up the rest of the track nicely. I'm liking the mix, maybe could turn up the hats, but overall this is cool

hit me back with the feed:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...om-remixes-feed-returned-520364/#post49984231

I agree with both previous posters regarding the length.

I really like your drums. They're very crisp and clean. The two sounds you have made use of are great and really sit well with the drums. Percussion is nice but could do with being much more bright. I need to hear the progression and change ups in those hat. I need to hear it snap when it comes in and gives your drums movement.

I would half the length to about 2:30. I would remove some of your verse, simple change up stuff and instead a "hook" section. Some heavy strings or a really dark creepy vocal sample would do wonders for adding a hook section.

This means that once the listener is getting bored of your chops there is some diversity in sounds and something to keep that ear keen to listen through.

Also, where's the bassline? I can't hear any proper bassline driving this track at all!?

Your drums bang. You just need to build this into something full that keeps the interest throughout.

Would appreciate if you could return the feedback when you have a chance:

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ark-trappy-gangster-vibes-feed-4-feed-520250/

In all Honesty i don't agree with Zoo here. Your chops are fine, a bit repetitive, but fine. The Loop works well. The Drums are terrible. I dunno where you got the drum samples but theres a lot leftover on the kick from whatever sample you have. The snares not bad, hats are alright. But the Kick distracts me from the samples. Also this sounds very mechanical. Maybe try adding some swing. Not a bad first effort by any standard, but could use some improvement.

Back