New Tyler, the creator/Kanye beat! (F4F)

This doesn't sound anything like a tyler/kanye beat but it's got a cool funky sound to it. It sounds like it should be in a video game. I think some bass would go great with it. I only hear it at certain points. The snare sounds a little overwhelming but that could just be my headphones.

Here's mine:

agree with the general consensus - the bass needs to be higher in the mix - doesn't boom enough for my tastes. I like the main synth that you've used and the eclectic sound selection. The gritty sound of the snare I especially like aswell man. I think the main synth after a while can get very repetitive so maybe some subtle modulation effects on it could help keep interest and would add some variation.

It's a cool concept and definitely a fresh sounding beat. Keep doing your thing!

Actually really enjoyed the track, I feel like the synth that came in around the 50 second mark didn't really fit imo. I can see why you used it because it kind of fits that retro theme but it threw me off a bit, overall though solid work.

Back