New to Trap... Rate My WIP - Does it Thump? 100% Feed Returned

Mike McKeon

DJ LowFrequencyDomination
New to Trap... Rate My WIP - Does it Thump? 100% Feed Returned [Updated]

Watched DJ Mosh make an R&B beat, and decided to mess wth different beat structures, but my musical inspiration has long since been from Alternative Rock and 90's Rave... Bands like Korn, Tool, AudioSlave (SoundGarden), Slipknot, STP, Pearl JAm, DJ's Like PAul Van Dyke, DeadMaus (a little, i don't know German)...etc.

Updated and unitl someone can tell me it's perfect for what it's intended to be, it will stay in Status: WIP, is the concept good?:

Visualizer Video for this Track, the smoke is non-reactive, but has its own flow, and the gold stars and spectrum analyzer only react to a side-chained channel in FL Studio:
: Sorry for the quality, i had to mash the 1080p video together with the track post render, best viewed in 1080p but windowed in the embedded frame.

Last edited:
Intro Givin Me Chills Bro... Why ain't you on top already wit' Wiz Khalifa?

I can give you a bump on Boston's Mix 104.1, you release an album, you f'in should. I'll buy that.

I updated Ol SKu, Cuz i got a little too creative with the synth selection... remastered the track and updated, same link. Keep it Flowin' Man :D.

I think it'd need to switch up a tad more and work on mixing a bit more. Keep putting in the grind bro! I just dropped a new track, I'd appreciate a like or comment if you fuck with it!

- Lucciago

If you produce R&B I suggest you study the producers of yesterday who still produce today.

I am not going for R&B on this one, and Sadly, Aaliyah is no longer with us, Black Ground Productions is proabaly around but i have to star digging for them.

This is pure TripHop.

I think it'd need to switch up a tad more and work on mixing a bit more. Keep putting in the grind bro! I just dropped a new track, I'd appreciate a like or comment if you fuck with it!

- Lucciago

Thanks for the tip, i just finished remastering the composition arrangement, and i will upload in a sec...

That's a Fly Azz Track Bro... The Intro and Hook is Dope, the Interlude is Masterful, all the sounds are perfectly wrapped into the composition, beautiful piano playing...i'm not nearly as good. Lyrics are hott. Bass is sick. I can't say enough, i'm gon' comment on it and follow ;). Oh, but the Track Ends abruptly, i guess that's a matter of taste, but i would much more like the end if it continued and faded out

this is a unique style i like what you did with this beat! production is pretty good, keep it up
check out my latest beat if you get a chance:
Midnight by Radium | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Thanks, i finally nailed the Track down to the style i intended after experimenting with several versions, and about 1800 uploads... lol

Yeah i dig your beat man, it's really smooth, and the vox are eeire AF. slick tune man!

I fuck with this weird shit, man! Nice work.

Keep hustling!

Gratitude (74 bpm) by Bourbon Boy Beats | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Lol like the title says i'l old school, i honestly had to google "i fuck with this" to see if ppl were saying A: "i'd totally destroy you in a Vs." or B: "this is Rly good"... and i still think it means A, so i guess i got work to do lol.

Solid beat bro... it's slow and smooth, the keys and synth are nice, i listen to a lot of Aaliyah on this tip, can mix in some nice vocals on your groove.

I dig this very experimental has hip-hop & dance music elements but with a experimental twist it has a Outkast kinda vibe I actually really like this beat. The only things I would say needs tweaking is the mix its sounds a lil muddy, its very centred some sounds/instruments can be panned a lil more to create a wider stereo effect, the bass distorts every now and then and its not the nice warm distortion and the beat needs more variation maybe switch or bring in a new melody.

Check out my tracks.
[F4F] Post Malone x Russ x QUIÑ x Tinashe Type Beat "DREAMER"

[F4F] Metro Boomin x Offset x 21 Savage x Future Type Beat - PLUTO

Thanks, i'll see what i can do about the distortion, i've recently learned about how to work with a compressor, lol, i'm so basic on some issues, i generally just make whatever i feel like playing when i find a good instrument and tool on it till it works, took me a long time to get this track to work, and fitting a third melody in there is gonna take alot of work. But while i've really grown on it, maybe it's just me being lazy lol.

Dreamer is live bro, very atmospheric. like how the highs mingle and shimmer along with the crisp snare n hats, kick is banging, 808 too. vox are nice, wouldn't mind hearing a singer over this at all, Great Work Man!

Pluto is the kind of Trap i would want to make... That shizz on fire, you got a good example of how to pan in this, i love how it cascades. Awesome Work.

[edit] i hard compressed the master routing insert, should be smooth sailing, sorry if i wobbled yer subs bro :(.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback and the great comments about my beats and yeah no worries bro and just keep working on your mixes in due time they will get a lot better and it'll make your music sound 10x better you already have some great structure for your beats.
Thanks, i'll see what i can do about the distortion, i've recently learned about how to work with a compressor, lol, i'm so basic on some issues, i generally just make whatever i feel like playing when i find a good instrument and tool on it till it works, took me a long time to get this track to work, and fitting a third melody in there is gonna take alot of work. But while i've really grown on it, maybe it's just me being lazy lol.

Dreamer is live bro, very atmospheric. like how the highs mingle and shimmer along with the crisp snare n hats, kick is banging, 808 too. vox are nice, wouldn't mind hearing a singer over this at all, Great Work Man!

Pluto is the kind of Trap i would want to make... That shizz on fire, you got a good example of how to pan in this, i love how it cascades. Awesome Work.

[edit] i hard compressed the master routing insert, should be smooth sailing, sorry if i wobbled yer subs bro :(.

Oh, swey man, Thanks.

I commented on your Track in R&B, i think the technique i suggested would rock your intro real nice, i learned it listening to Friday Night Techno broadcast from the clubs, ironically, and haven't forgotten that the interplay of 2 complimentary instruments are really pleasing and hypnotic to the ears.

I just bought 123Creative's BLVCK Construction Kit full of loops and Slicer Samples (FL Studio has Fruity Slice, one of or perhaps my Favorite Channel in the rack, besides TrackGod VST).

I am in the process of filing through the content and i'm hoping to burn this motha' down up in the hizzy lol ;) Stress takes its toll though, toook me 18 hours to finish this Ol Sku track, my "Evil Genius" mind was messin' with me.

I added a compressor at a large ratio to keep the bass tight... Plz notce i created, arranged, mixed, mastered, and produced this song, so it's not like i copied a current "Top Player" in the HipHop, Rap, Trap, Dirty South" scene, i've long since been a fan of West Coast Rap and HipHop, so this is my Rendition of Old School, Appropriately named "Ol Sku", after the TrackGod Synths, and sample i used for the Anthem BassKick, and i'm really happy with the results. Constructive Criticism is Welcome, Negative or Positive ;). This is meant to a Lowrider/ Automobile Banger, so you can be " smokin' endo, sippin' on gin n juice" in the 'hoodie...
*Please Drink and Smoke Responsibly*
Video here:

Last edited:
Back