New TNGHT type track, with a wonky feel. F4F

Schaaka

Lookin for some feedback on my newest track, Been Around. Went for a TNGHT - Higher ground type feel. Gracias

This track is too ill! My gosh. I def feel that Higher Ground vibe with a darker tone. The mix is super clean and the running melody is addictive. Awesome vibe with this. Has a great mix of highs and lows and that chant rounds it out nicely. Digging this--Thanks for sharing!

I like where you were going with this. When the bass kicks in this track knocks for sure. I think the pitch work you did with the vocals in the middle of the beat. My only gripe is the main horn. When the bass isn't playing it feels a little stock to me. Just my opinion. I would try tweaking that. Other than that, this track is a beast for sure! Keep it up man!

Here is my latest sampled beat: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...p-dirty-south-etc/feel-vibe-feed-feed-508435/

I know what you mean man. Lmao, in fact that was an fl studio stock horn that I messed around with for a while to get to sound more realistic but theres only so much reverb, delay, etc. can do. Cant polish a turd, pardon my french. Thanks for the feedback tho man!

Last edited:
Arrangement
I can definitely see the TNGHT influence. Nothing bad with the arrangement.
I like the middle of the second drops with the vocals!

Mixing

Change the clap sound to something with a bit more high end.
Change the horn sound. Something with more aggression and hits. That's what will improve the track greatly!
Possible change second drop with the bongo drums with another percussion.

I love the arrangement of the track but it needs some slight tweaking with the mix and a lot of tweaking with the sound selection.

I like this track, though!

Can you give me feedback on my most recent post?

Thank man, and yeah i feel you on that, tried cuttin out some frequencies, this compressed soundcloud render doesnt do it justice.

- Sick Gwen Stefani sample haha
- Energy in the track is dope
- The brass melodies are dope
- The 808s need better mixing in my opinion in order to bring this track to the next level
- I would EQ up some of the higher freuqncies of the snare to bring it out more and have more "snap" in it
- The second set of melodies (with the bongos?) are crazy. Great job in bringing that in
- Overall arrangement is dope -- so many things coming in to keep the listeners interest!

Please return the favour:

Mickey Blue - "Soulja" (Produced by Benstar) ... ALL FEEDBACK RETURNED!

Thanks!

Lmao, good ear on that stefani sample and yeah i feel you on the 808, could have definitely been brought out more. Thanks for the feedback man!

Back