New sampled beat - need advice on mix

This is tight, I really love the little intro section and the sample that comes in during the chorus is super dope. I think the balance and mix is solid, maybe just boost up the bassline in the sample a little more so it sounds fuller. I like the drums but I'd maybe mess around with a tighter/snappier snare. That's just me though, it cracks pretty nicely as is. Nice work man!

Ewwwww! I'd like to hear Action Bronson talk about divine meats and vegetable medleys on this. The primary snare and snare used for the rolls don't mesh as well as they could to the max, so I'd suggest you layer your primary with a snare with more slap. No qualms, my man. This is nice!

Thought the mixing was rather tight and clean myself. Liked the way you intro'd.. though you may have been able to do without that moment of silence.. Not sure what it is about it but something seemed kind of harsh/hard about it.. could be that. But I liked it regardless. I think the drums are good myself, they feel like they fit well without overpowering anything. I love that sample switch you did midway through. That lead at the end is pretty dope too. Didn't like how the track ended while it was building though! I wanted to know where it was going! xD Thank you for sharing though, enjoyed it.

Wow this one really got stuck on repeat, its the kinda stuff that inspires! Def gonna keep vibin ur work.

Cheers everyone for your feedbacks. I'm still learning the fine art of samples chopping, bass editing and vinyl spinning.
Cheers again.
one love :)

i think this would sound better mix wise if soundcloud didnt have a shitty ass compressor on lol. but other than that i think its a good mix, snare could be quieter, the high frequencies in the hat as well, they get a little too harsh after a while

Back