New Hip-Hop Beat [F4F]

icustevie

2-Part Old School Hip-Hop Beat [F4F]

Recently posted a 2-part old school style hip-hop beat.
Let me know your thoughts. Feedback always helps.

Last edited:
Nice beats man! I feel like they are both missing a few sounds as some frequencies feel empty. Keep it up though!

Thanks for your honest feedback on my beat homie. I really appreciate it!

Comparing the two track, I preferred the melody/composition of pt2 to part 1 but felt the snare was much better in pt.1(pt. 2's snare felt too metallic and needed a touch of reverb to make it fill the track more). I like the laid back vibe of both of the tracks.

Good use of panning with the perc in pt 1., it makes the track feel much bigger(and most hip-hop cats don't know how to use it right).

Both feel like just too empty, like I feel that each one could use some legato strings or a synth pad to fill them out.

Other than that I think you did well, good work bruh.

I really like the sound selection you used on both tracks.As mentioned before,they feel a bit empty.I'd try adding a pad or another synth in the background to fill up more space

Nice beats man! I feel like they are both missing a few sounds as some frequencies feel empty. Keep it up though!

Hey appreciate it! Let me know if I hadn't left feedback yet! If I hadn't and "Game Over" is the one you want feedback with, I can see the influence of ILoveMakonnen on this. Try switching up the composition of the keys up to spice things up. Turn up the snare and add presence to it! 808's sound clean, good work. Overall, keep it up!

First thing I want to say is that I like the two beats, the first one more, but I suppose that depends on what people prefer. One thing I'd certainly add is a bassline. However, maybe you purposely didn't include a bassline in which case it's cool. Keep it coming! I want to see future beats.

Back