New Groove....Who do you think it sounds like (F4F)

J.SUL

Crazy swing...chill New Age Soul (F4F)

Hey guys I made this new alternative sounding track. Working on my mix and such, so I was just trying to mess around with this a lot. Tell me how you like it and drop you track here too.

https://soundcloud.com/j-sul/paradise

Last edited:
Duno what to think of it man. The beat is out of time with the sample. If you fix this there's hope for the track.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I was actually going for the out of time thing. Wanted to see if I could push it, but I was really wondering bout the mix. I will keep those tips in check next time though!

To me the mix sounds fine. It is a pretty simple beat with not that much going on at the same thing. Doesn't sound muddy or anything. I do think you could lower the vocals slightly in the mix or make them a little smoother sounding. The drums being that far off time definitely annoyed me though. Maybe just tone that down a bit. Interesting style for sure.

Last edited:
Cool, but needs work. I understand the offbeat stuff, but it sounds off. Maybe work on smoothing it out? I dig what you're going for.

Last edited:
It is a bit chaotic for my taste, but once I got used to it I found myself grooving to it. I think it sounds best when you switch up the the more chill drum beat with the paradise acapella later on. I might interchange that drum pattern and the more chaotic one a bit more early on. Interesting track man, keep it up!

It is a bit chaotic for my taste, but once I got used to it I found myself grooving to it. I think it sounds best when you switch up the the more chill drum beat with the paradise acapella later on. I might interchange that drum pattern and the more chaotic one a bit more early on. Interesting track man, keep it up!

appreciate the feedback!

it's probably already been said that it's really out of time. i know it's supposed to be some sort of IDM track. but polyrhythms take more thought than it seems like you've put into this. especially when the vocals come in. it's very apparent that they don't work well. it also may just be a tempo thing. the polyrhythms might be correct, it's just the tempo of one audio track may be dragging the other.

it's probably already been said that it's really out of time. i know it's supposed to be some sort of IDM track. but polyrhythms take more thought than it seems like you've put into this. especially when the vocals come in. it's very apparent that they don't work well. it also may just be a tempo thing. the polyrhythms might be correct, it's just the tempo of one audio track may be dragging the other.

thank you for the feedback!

I like the happy uplifting vibe of this, mixed in with bit of glitchy rhytm.
I would blend the snare more in with the melody, other than that, sounds good for Me. :)
Gonna lear those toms from You.

Back