New Bounce...tell me if it rocks (F4F)

J.SUL

Just finished up a track last night and just felt like posting to see progress and improvements. Lets me know how you like things such as the sequence and overall mix. Leave a comment on my link or you can post it here also with you link so I can return the feedback.

:finger:

Really nice drum work!
The transition at 1:37 does somehow not sound right to me. I think it's because of the offbeat piano note...
The mix is pretty solid! Nice work.

Alright! I love the wet sound of your pluck and drums! I also like your style, but I think you need to fill your track more. Try to add background sounds like percussions and don't make them too loud. During your production you may think that it needs to be louder but in the final result it will just be fine when it's a bit quiet. Also try to add some pads, they can fill too.
I also would recommend you to master your track a bit more - mainly compressing. It would be a more solid product in the ending.
But really, very chill track :) Perfect for studying or background music.
- Michael

I wasn't too much of a fan of the melody - it was a bit too simplistic. I think something like that can only work well with booming drums. Not a bad beat - just needs to be expanded upon

Im not really a fan of this personally, just because I dont like the sounds of the instrumental. and the paino seems placed at like random spots. Not a bad beat just not something that would be for me. I like it alot more towards the end when the loop stops out of nowhere and plas again, t me I think thats how the rest of the beat should sound.

Here's my feedback.

MIX:
+ in general good paning
+ snare, kick and hihats are well mixed
- the cymbal is to loud
- often to much going on --> hard to keep up a good balnce between frequencies

STRUCTURE:
+ Nice and interesting bounce
+ some rappers might rap on this (Kendrick, Jcole,..)
- too simplistic/less variation in the melody

Overall its a good beat :) But mixing is almost on point. keep it up !

Im not really a fan of this personally, just because I dont like the sounds of the instrumental. and the paino seems placed at like random spots. Not a bad beat just not something that would be for me. I like it alot more towards the end when the loop stops out of nowhere and plas again, t me I think thats how the rest of the beat should sound.

Hey thanks man. That is my favorite part too most definitely, and I am not a fan of the beat myself to be quite honest lmao. I got a lot of new defined sounds that I wanted to put together and work on a mix with so I just made this stuff.

I actually thought after I finished if I wanted to make a part 2 starting from when the vocal came in, but I don't even have energy on the same plain track for too long lol.

Thanks again though!

Here's my feedback.

MIX:
+ in general good paning
+ snare, kick and hihats are well mixed
- the cymbal is to loud
- often to much going on --> hard to keep up a good balnce between frequencies

STRUCTURE:
+ Nice and interesting bounce
+ some rappers might rap on this (Kendrick, Jcole,..)
- too simplistic/less variation in the melody

Overall its a good beat :) But mixing is almost on point. keep it up !

Thank you for the detail feedback man! What parts do you think need to be cut to have space?

I was not feeling the come up at 0:30 but 0:45 and up was really enjoyable. :)
I like a lil glitchiness of the drum work, mainly of those hats.
It was easy to find a flow for this beat, I like that.
Good work. And in My opinion everything is on perfect level and craziness. ;)

Last edited:
Thank you bro! Lol it's definitely crazy and a lil off from my style, but it's fun stepping out the box sometimes lol :)

If you have anything you need me to return the feedback let me know.

This is really smooth but one thing I dislike is the drum work. I feel like the drum should flow a littler slower and not hit all "Crazy" like and just vibe out with the song. Plus, one of the drums hits twice and it sounds a little off beat to my ear.

The drums are pretty spectacular in my opinion. The main melody line sounds a bit too loud and you should maybe make sure it matches up with the chords you used for the song. Other than that it sounds great.

Awesome tune, I feel like the detuned piano could use some more depth and or size in the mix, at times it seems to not make as much impact as I would like it to, maybe some kind of fx would help possibly. Nice mix on the drums and panning, maybe it would be cool to filter the entire thing for a short break when the voice comes in at the later stage, overall sweet track, do more.

I think this beat is wicked man. Very unique. I love the glitchy drum work. Love the aura you've created with the melody and background ambiance. Keep this shit up for sure!! By the way I'm diggin the 808s... I'm a fan.

Back