New Beat for new beginnings One

mygproductions

Hi, FP! It would be much appreciated to get your feedback on my new beat. Constructive comments are always welcome.

ALL FEEDBACKS WILL BE RETURNED

N.B. Mixing is not completed yet.

Here's the beat:

Last edited:
When you do the mixing make sure to get that bass drum down a bit because it's overpowering everything right now. It sounds like the same selection of instruments and sounds i've heard on 100 other tracks, i have no idea if that's actually the case but it sure feels like it. The instruments arn't bad or good but i just have this lingering feeling of oh, this again. The main melody almost sounds like a familiar cliche too. The beat isn't bad. It isn't good. I just feel like shrugging, it's put together well though.

When you do the mixing make sure to get that bass drum down a bit because it's overpowering everything right now. It sounds like the same selection of instruments and sounds i've heard on 100 other tracks, i have no idea if that's actually the case but it sure feels like it. The instruments arn't bad or good but i just have this lingering feeling of oh, this again. The main melody almost sounds like a familiar cliche too. The beat isn't bad. It isn't good. I just feel like shrugging, it's put together well though.

I agree with you on the drum part. The mixing will take care of that. I appreciate the honest feedback bro!

Last edited:
The bass is barely heard in the mix, Like it's not booming and most of the lows have been removed. what 808 did you use? aside from that, it could go hard. Like you said all you need to do is mix it better

check out my ting YouTube

Nice beat. Might need to EQ that bass and kick to make sound more clear. I can definitely hear some clash ...might want to consider a side chain to give that kick some room to breathe ... chill beat though. :)

You can hear the side chain on my track that I recently made and posted on the threads... give it a listen. If you have an 808, the side chain might be faster. My bass is a pad, so I want a different effect.

D E S O L A R - k a s a i by k a s a i | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Best of luck on production man.

Last edited:
Back