New beat. Is this hiphop?

Here to return the feedback. First of all, we've all been exactly where you are right now. I hope this doesn't sound rude but it obvious you've just started making beats. You've entered a whole new world and I applaud you for that. Now I"m going to tell you what you "need" to hear. The journey to crafting you sound is a long road but you can get there with time and effort. Like a few others have already mentioned, you need to improve every aspect of producing from sample selection, mixing, and knowing who your sound is targeting. Do you want to make background music for films? Or are you trying to make hip hop beats for rappers to rap on? If you're just having fun and experimenting, then what I think doesn't matter because you're not trying to make a career out of this. Again, I hope you take my words of advice in a very casual manner and know I only want to help you. Either way, welcome to the world of music production! Good luck to you.

Thanks for the feedback! I think Hiphop beats for rappers is my goal. Will try to make a living out of this :)

The question of weather or not this is hip-hop is one that only you can answer. Did you make this beat thinking that it would be a hip-hop song? I think that hip-hop is exciting because the rules have yet to be written. The entire genre is only about 30 years old, and there have been so many insane sub-genres that have sprung up in that short a time, rapping over everything from bluegrass to hair metal, and it's all still hip-hop. Reminded me of Deltron 3030, like a techno/rap thing. Techno-Rap is the shit, too. Bassnectar's Teleport Massive ft. Zumbi, and anything Die Antwoord. Plus the crossover shit with the likes of The Gorrillaz, and whatever the **** Odd Future calls music (lol). Your beat is dope as ****, you just need a rapper. Maybe it could be yourself, even. Anyway, you should check out youtube videos about how to carve a place for the kick using eq. You have a lot off fluff and flub there in the sub frequencies, but you could clean it out and make even my laptop speakers thump for joy. The levels are good, but you need to carve out those spaces for the instruments to sit in with eq so they'll pop out and hit you in the face, like a whisper in the silence... Also, look up/into using reference tracks. All the CD's you buy in the stores were made on computers just like the one you used, so it is possible. And, just because I posted this today, and I live in Denver, GO BRONCOS!!! SUPER BOWL 50 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

This sounds cool. U need to grab you some drums and build your library since youre new. More sounds and drums equal more inspiration

The question of weather or not this is hip-hop is one that only you can answer. Did you make this beat thinking that it would be a hip-hop song? I think that hip-hop is exciting because the rules have yet to be written. The entire genre is only about 30 years old, and there have been so many insane sub-genres that have sprung up in that short a time, rapping over everything from bluegrass to hair metal, and it's all still hip-hop. Reminded me of Deltron 3030, like a techno/rap thing. Techno-Rap is the shit, too. Bassnectar's Teleport Massive ft. Zumbi, and anything Die Antwoord. Plus the crossover shit with the likes of The Gorrillaz, and whatever the **** Odd Future calls music (lol). Your beat is dope as ****, you just need a rapper. Maybe it could be yourself, even. Anyway, you should check out youtube videos about how to carve a place for the kick using eq. You have a lot off fluff and flub there in the sub frequencies, but you could clean it out and make even my laptop speakers thump for joy. The levels are good, but you need to carve out those spaces for the instruments to sit in with eq so they'll pop out and hit you in the face, like a whisper in the silence... Also, look up/into using reference tracks. All the CD's you buy in the stores were made on computers just like the one you used, so it is possible. And, just because I posted this today, and I live in Denver, GO BRONCOS!!! SUPER BOWL 50 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Haha thanks man! I will look into the EQing and Deltron 3030! I think I wanted to make the track somekind of Hip-hopy. But also something new. And yes I really need rap on this!

Anyway, GLHF BRONCOS :D

Back