New Beat / Drum & Bass - Feedback For Feedback 100%

This doesnt feel like drum n bass as it does dubstep / 2step garage.. If you want to go for proper dnb feel i suggest doing a big build up with filter automation and mmaybe reverb too.. I like the saw/reese synnth u placed, it gave it a dnb flavor but still the general feel I was getting was garagey.. Who cares about genre though it was good reminded me of old dub songs with the intricate rhythms.. also try layering breakbeats and sidechaining them to the main kciks and snares so they are underneath them.. then group and glue compress them. thats what i did when i made dnb and it worked beautifully.. keep it up u have the right direction going on! RTF peace https://www.futureproducers.com/for...th-etc/yourself-outss-ft-chloe-opondo-533590/

Solid as always. I like the little synth in the intro and the arrangement is creative as well. I don't know if I'd necessarily call it DnB either but I'm not really a scholar of the genre so take it with a grain of salt haha. I like that it keeps that experimental edge on it. I think all of the stuff I've heard from you is not easy to fit into a style or genre beyond "electronic music". This keeps that general vibe and isn't really a "beat", it's just a dope experience in synthwork and modulation (which is tight).

ya, it's a combination. It's too slow to be really strict dnb but has the bass and drum beat in the second part. I guess garage fits more, but what exactly makes garage? I'll look it up. haha if you're wondering, this was produced in a garage so...it is fitting.

I'm listening to your tracks now. Funk Junkie, I've been listening to yours but do you have anything specifically you want me to listen too?
And I'll reply to your thread Outss.

Thank you both!

Last edited:
ya, i guess its more garage but its a little slower so. The main features are the bassline and the drums though...so putting the two words, i guess i thought, but it's ya its new! xD I'm still working though and will probably add some melodies too it. Is it okay if I post the update in this thread? will ya guys check it out? I'll let ya know.

Thanks! I left some comments on your thread and subscribed on youtube.

Hey man, this would be a sick beat for someone to rap about the illuminati or something haha! The reese bassline is synonymous to many sub-genres of drum and bass but like the others said, it's definitely not drum and bass (which is why I clicked it so you clickbaited me hard btw).
That aside, the percussion and rhythm is great and you've nailed the spacey theme to a tee. To make it a perfect rap beat though, I'd suggest breakdown at some point with no bassline and then let it kick in again with a drop cause who doesn't love a bass drop?

If you get the time I'd love your opinion on my latest post here: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-love-me-bootleg-remix-bass-house-f4f-533689/

-ORVA

I think this has a really evolved sound. Like everybody else, I'm having trouble knowing how to label it. I like the "dnb" part after the intro, and as experimental as this sounds I can tell there is still an underlying structure to it. I think it's good, just maybe a little polishing here and there. Not an expert on dnb so can't really get specific.
Here's my track, any feedback appreciated:https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-trap-dirty-south-etc/my-1st-chop-f4f-533679/

hey i like the feel to this song. maybe work on song structure a bit and mixing. also this would benifet with a harder kick maybe and some sidechaining. anyways im not at 5 posts yet so i cant post links but you can find me at AlekZei on soundcloud i just uploaded a new beat.

Thanks AlekZei! Im listening to Immunity right now. It's really smooth and almost gets into the romantic vibes. It's super closes but some notes seems to pull it away form being truly romantic and like...you know lol. The mixing is good, and I think the structure is cool too, but some notes seem out of place, but I know how hard it is to write music man, haha so dont worry. The second drop is awesome. The waves synth work is realllllyy good. Cool Song!

I liked and left a comment on soundcloud or you.

I know im a sound like a broken record in here, I was hoping to hear some hardcore DnB but I was satisfied with what transpired in this thread, the intro drum pattern was still appealing and I also was feeling the since that was doin its job in here. I felt the main melody was a bit slow but I dont know garage either, but I diff could hear use of this somewhere in a film. Check me out:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...beat-pressure-pt-2-prod-dontablack330-533800/

Its like garage and jungle Google has me listed as a jungle artist so i guess jungle and garage are more appropriate but those are the precursor genres to drum n bass, and then dubstep came later still. I'll scope your song after this match on star wars battlefront. gimme a min.

Edit: but thank you, i appreciate the feedback! And if anybody knows Om Unit. I caught him scoping out the tune. sweeeet i saw om unit at the low end theory, haha he's awesome!

Last edited:
yo, i left a feedback on your thread data black. It sounds tight! Its a super good beat.

Last edited:
well, nvm. i guess dnb came before jungle who knows lmao idk what genre this is lol but sorry for the confusion. I just put "Bassline/Slow Jungle" as the genre ..thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Back