New ACE HOOD type beat - FEED FOR FEED 100%

sweltobeats

Hy everybody, this is my first thread here.

I want to propose this new beat, inspired to the track "GO N' GET IT" of Ace Hood.

Here the beat, feed for feed 100%.

I would like also to spend 2 words to introduce myself: I'm a rapper/producer from Rome.
I started to produce rap in 2001, with music maker and then with FL3 (lol).
Now I work with Acid.

In these years I have produced lots of artists in Italy and now I feel ready to push my music out from my country.

Trying to improve every single day since 2001, this is my philosophy.

I like the concept of the track but a few things should change in my opinion. The pizzicato sounds a bit dated and could be switch with a synth lead or pluck. The drums could be put up a bit loud in the mix.

What interests me is the transitions; unique and makes the beat sound more fresh, not repetitive.

I do like the beat but it doesn't necessarily sound like an Ace Hood type beat. Hope to hear more from you.

--

Can you give me feedback on my most recent post?
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...r-new-york-johnjohn-marfisi-remix-f4f-516905/

Only a friend of mine have listened to this track atm.
He is also a good producer and he said the same thing about the pizzicato sounds.
I don't understand the reason because I love it so much man!

Last edited:
I think thats a pretty cool beat. The main melody could switch up a little more but thats just my opinion.
Nice work on the drums even though i think they could be a little louder.
Well done!

Nice work man, this has some really great energy! I dig the building quality you had going on and the percussion was well programmed. I didn't mind the pizz sounds or the brass, but I might run some distortion over the brass to make them more edgy (but I like that type of sound).

I look forward to hearing more from you!

Great job, keep it up!

Please take a listen to my latest when you have a chance: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ty-south-etc/new-smooth-beat-lifetime-516732/

Cheers!

Thank you for your feeds guys.

Loudness to the drum: what I do generally is to Eq and sometimes give some reverb to every single sample.
After that, I included the drum in a bus channel and for the 808 drum I generally like to give a comp to the ensamble.
In this case I have used the vintage warmer 2: I didn't use it so much, so I can add more comp to give more presence to the drum.
Probably for the U.S.A. standard i have to give more loudness, and this is an interesting point to study.
Any other suggestion? Comp snare and kick before compriming them another time in the ensamble drum?
What comp do you guys suggest for 808 drums?

Hcgaron: distorsion on the brass? i can try it man. Sometimes I do that, in that case I use some vst and then I push the Amplitude on the track I've recorder. It is a method that works and give more presence to the synth. I have used this method for synth on several trap/dirty south beat, but not in this one.

Manyou: I've tried to switched up the main melody and it works too. I'm not sure what version I prefer, I think that the preference depend on the flow of the Mc that will kill the track. Anyway, thank you for your suggestion.

really nice track, bu imo kick should be more punchy and you could add some tambourine or clap to this snare, to make it more powerful. Also the melody could change sometimes. But overall, nice production man!

Since you already got a lot of feedback, I thought I listen to this beat on my shitty tablet speakers:
The beat sounds great xD, the only problem is the kick, it's almost not there, but I know the struggle. I'll usually try to give the kick a little bit more high freq information, so its audible on small speakers, but not so much that it sounds crap on good speakers...

Lot of producers are saying things about the kick and the drum in general.
I need definitly to check again the mix.
Thank you guys!

sorry dude but i do not like that pizzato sound :(
that beat is not in my type.
mix sounds good but could be better and if u can change that snare.

Ania: no problem, I accept all kind of critiques, so feel free to say what you are thinking!

Tonipeace: do you suggest to remove some tag parts? Because I'm a little bit scared that somebody can steal the beat...there are so many web sites where you can download youtube audio files...

I hear you , but I think now and days anyone who steals your beat is just a dreamer of stardom. If a real top artist or their rep comes across it , even though the beat is hot , which it is . You have 30 seconds to grab their attention or they move on, and with the tags constantly on the beat the artist will be constantly interrupted in their creative process , so they will move on . I mean you can slap a tag on it but be subtle with it . Intro or ending check this dude out he is one of the top up coming producers and he never puts a tag on his beats and they are all available on youtube for download https://www.youtube.com/user/DANNIEL1ful

Remember just to be safe , Copyright your work .

Home

Last edited:
Tonipeace: Man, I understand your point of view, and thank you to expose it.
On the other hand i know that more and more rapper (included me) don't have problem to write bars in a tagged beat.
I have also good reasons to be careful.
I'm Italian and I personally know:
-a beatmaker pretty famous that had stolen a beat from another beatmaker and then have sold it with his own name. I remember this story because all Italian Hip Hop website were talking about this fact.
-a beatmaker that leave a cd with some beats on a big U.s.a. studio and their beats were used by rapper with another beatmaker name. The proove was that these beats were used first in Italy by well-know artists, then in U.S.A. (by RAKIM MAN!).
On facebook the beatmaker pushed also a video with separate tracks to let us know that he had the project of that beat.
This is the original article, use google translate and read it, he said that he did not tag the beat https://bassimaestro.wordpress.com/2009/11/16/mi-hanno-rubato-i-beat-che-tristezza/

cool piece, I can def tell you have leared your way around you daw, While it may not be an Ace Hood type beat it doesnt mean it isnt still a dope track!

Also I cant say much that hasnt been said above about working on your mixing and such, but the one thing I'd suggest is;

If you want to make "Ace Hood" Type Beats you need to have "Ace Hood" Type sounds you know? So get on the web look into some producer that make quality drumkits and dont be afraid to spend some money because your sound is what makes you, YOU! and that Pizzato pluck just aint gonna cut it bro bro lol! but keep working!

heres my new thread for feeds when you get a chance

Back