Mycelial Cords - Keep Going | Kendrick Lamar x Aesop Rock

I started the beat with the flute sample that's pretty much in the back right now as I pushed more electronic sounds up front. Let me know how that sounds and drop links. Cheers!

EDIT: I've made few changes to the beat suggested here. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
pretty solid beat. I like the vocal sample in the background, giving it a nice vibe. Im not a big fan of the kickdrum.. Maybe add some more groove to your drums, add some variation to them.

I started the beat with the flute sample that's pretty much in the back right now as I pushed more electronic sounds up front. Let me know how that sounds and drop links. Cheers!

EDIT: I've made few changes to the beat suggested here. Thanks a lot!

sick as all always mr.chords do you have a soundcloud page? would love to check out more of your work on there

Last edited:
Returning feed. This is a cool vibe. I like the instrumentation a lot and definitely has a kendrick vibe. Mix sounds pretty good. Drums kinda kill it for me though. I'm not a huge fan of the kick sound and I'd like to hear a more complex and varying drum beat because this beat has a lot of room for it. I'd really like kind of a slowed down breakbeat pattern with some thumpin kick but that's personal preference. Keep it up and thanks for the love on soundcloud. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Returning the feed. Thanks for the Feedback bro.

This is GREAT! The concept behind it and everything is different and I like that. My problem is and I think everyone else has noticed it too is the Drums. I don't think it's a mixing problem, I think it's just bad quality Drums. IMO get a better drum kit and use it for the song. It will sound MUCH better.

Back