Mycelial Cords - False Narrative

Messed around with non-diatonic chord progression and ended up with jazzy electronic beat. Not sure what rapper would fit the vibe so let me know what you think. Also, share your stuff.

Like the psychedelic aspect of the beat and how it " breathe".
I tried to freestyle, for Me the glitched drums at points thew off the flow kinda.
Other than that, unique work bro. :)

Those chords are beautiful! The drums are point too! I can see Kendrick lamar over this, this actually reminds me of one of the beats on Good Kid Mad City. Good shit man! Fire as usual!

Returning the feedback, haha i could see what you recommend reverb, haha there's a lot on this beat, but it's smooth. it gives a nice airy/floaty vibe. I think the switch up at 1;10 is dope, and more electric electronic. The only thing is the bass sounds a little loose to me, maybe tighten it up or use a tighter sounding bass, this one kinda flops out but lol every artist is unique so to each their own! haha, very cool beat. I think it's really good!

dope bro! love the keys and how the beat never loses my attention. great vibes im going to subscribe on youtube!

Not sure what rapper would fit the vibe so let me know what you think.

The leading chord is sweet dude, nicest keys I've heard on this site. As a stand alone instrumental this is ambient, detailed and cleanly mixed. 1:39 it really comes to life. Not many rappers could flow properly on this though, the chops make it a challenge

I definitely can here Kendrick Lamar on this! This is pure dope my friend! I definitely want to hear from you! The mix is on point and I'm loving the melody. Keep up the good work! I left a comment, like, and subscribe on your YouTube profile. Return the feed?

Last edited:
i like this beat bro. the mix is good the bass is kinda muddy tho. The composition is great tho
keep it up

I like this a lot. I just feel like the transition to the trippy glitch part felt off. Also maybe some sort of variation on the main chord line would've been cool in that second to last section. But other than that nice sounds and solid mix. Great job man.

Thanks a lot for your time. Really valuable info. I definitely gotta work on making the drums easier to flow on and work on transitions. Good stuff!

Back