My new genre' of hip hop... Tell me what you think, I'll return feedback :-)

CG Kid

Honestly I didn't know if this belonged in rap or EDM, what I'm trying to do is mix 80's retrowave techno, dub step, and speed rap. Here's a music video. Before dropping it I was like "hip hop heads are going to love this or hate it, but they're going to feel strongly about it," which is what I want. I hope you either hate it or love it, "Meh..." is the worse reaction in my opinion lol I just want to do something so bizarre and out there people are like "WTF?".

Let me know what you think of performance, brand image, if you're feeling it, etc.

CG Kid - Method of Madness 1 | Dub Step Techno Rap with a Tech N9ne Style Speed Rap Flow - YouTube

Thank you bro!

I love your instrumental. I always gauge the quality of a beat on if it makes me start freestyling which this one did. I don't know much about production but this has a authentic sound which is always what I like. It has artistry, oh snap it just switched up and I like it more :-).

Feel free to add me:

Philip CG Markoff | Facebook

Not feeling this. Don't get me wrong, it's well made, and well executed, but it's just not the sound for me.

That said, very clean beat, the arpeggio works that you picked for this type of beat. The flow is cool man, real quick and slick. Was weird though hearing you drop all kinds of 'fuck's and 'suck my dick's over a beat like this, haha. Keep doing you man, respect.

'Friday'

Not feeling this. Don't get me wrong, it's well made, and well executed, but it's just not the sound for me.

That said, very clean beat, the arpeggio works that you picked for this type of beat. The flow is cool man, real quick and slick. Was weird though hearing you drop all kinds of 'fuck's and 'suck my dick's over a beat like this, haha. Keep doing you man, respect.

'Friday'

Nice beat mang! I love the instruments. Funky and jazzy, it stands out for sure.

Thanks for your feedback! I'm glad you can differentiate taste, so many times people say music is garbage cause it's not their taste when in reality it's executed well. It's like a ripe fruit you hate but it's still ripe and some will love it. That's why I hate how hip hop's so competitive by nature, I understand if a fruit's bad, but comparing two artist good at what they do is like comparing a ripe apple to a ripe orange.

Back