My first full track: CÆ - Manifest (Prod. Josh Jorge) - F4F

cheeezusrice

Producer
I finally got a microphone and had my friend rap some of his lyrics over one of my earlier beats that we've been planning on for a bit. We decided not to EQ the beat to encompass the grungy sound of the beat in order to bring out the vocals a fair amount more. Give some feedback and I'll most definitely return the favor.

Aye homie,

This is pretty good, there's a couple of things you need to work on for the next update.

So the drums are very dull. They need something to liven them up. Reverbs are usually helpful as is EQ. The background synths and strings are nice and eerie. They are perfect for now. Vocal mixing also needs to have some work done on them. They are too centered and Lo-Fi, which may be due to the mic you guys are using. Look up some vocal mixing techniques to see how you can get a better vocal soundstage. The lower pitched vocals were especially hard to decipher (may be the rappers fault, they need to make sure to speak very clearly when those kind of effects are used), but with work you can make it pop. Keep it up homie!

Here's my thread. Let me know what you think!

I gotta agree with klz on this one, I completely dig the beat and the snare and chant, but the kick is just kinda there. Ya know? With a little more life it would be some great dark stuff. Good work man and thanks for the feed on mine!

i like the beat and think it is mixed well in general. however i think the vocal feels a bit weak when the pitched down layer is absent. eqing it would probably help :D or maybe if u make it wider with panned copies or something. i understand its an artistic decision but the outcome does not sound like it was to me, where the vocal feels weak it sounds like a poor mixing job rather than an artistic decision as it is not clear and it sounds like whispering rather than rap (this could also be due to delivery or too much low freq), which is a shame when the arrangement is good.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...p-dirty-south-etc/new-beat-galaxy-f4f-512828/

Back