My first Dark Trap Young Thug type | F4F

paega

Hi Guys,

It's my first dark trap track.
F4F - I want to dig deeper in this genre since Im mainly a boom bap lover but the genre can probably take my boom bap to the next level =)

Enjoy! :monkey:

good hi hat work, i like the groove of it. the melody is nice aswell - sounds very sentimental to me! good work, keep doing your thing! 808s good aswell!

Damn ! You got a hot basic for this beat man. There are plenty of good ideas ;) The main things I see, it's too short for me. You can easily improve it by rearrange it and make a better mix.

Here is how I see that :

The pad with the phaser effect in this intro. Then you add the second pad (I think it's a pad) and the arp etc all the chorus element.

After that come the verse. You remove the pads for it, let just the arp, which you will layer it with the second arp (the same setting and not the same sound) to make it bigger. Time To Time you can add a lil touch of pad, but it will be a different melody than the chorus.

Duplicate the verse 2 time. I mean : Intro > 1st chorus > 1st verse > 2 Chorus > 2 Verse > 3 Chorus > Outro

Create a brand new pattern for the outro. And boom your be will be dope !

For the mix. Be sure to have your drums on the top of it. For this kind of beat we need to have drums knocking hard. Layer your drums kicks, and drums snare to make them bigger.

Also use the sidechain on your 808 to avoid the frequency issue of the kicks.

Keep pushing. This beat got a huge potential :)

I really like the main melody lead synth. Nice sound. The 808s are pretty nice too. Actually overall, the drums sound pretty sweet. Don't really hear any problems with this. Solid stuff!

Damn ! You got a hot basic for this beat man. There are plenty of good ideas ;) The main things I see, it's too short for me. You can easily improve it by rearrange it and make a better mix.

Here is how I see that :

The pad with the phaser effect in this intro. Then you add the second pad (I think it's a pad) and the arp etc all the chorus element.

After that come the verse. You remove the pads for it, let just the arp, which you will layer it with the second arp (the same setting and not the same sound) to make it bigger. Time To Time you can add a lil touch of pad, but it will be a different melody than the chorus.

Duplicate the verse 2 time. I mean : Intro > 1st chorus > 1st verse > 2 Chorus > 2 Verse > 3 Chorus > Outro

Create a brand new pattern for the outro. And boom your be will be dope !

For the mix. Be sure to have your drums on the top of it. For this kind of beat we need to have drums knocking hard. Layer your drums kicks, and drums snare to make them bigger.

Also use the sidechain on your 808 to avoid the frequency issue of the kicks.

Keep pushing. This beat got a huge potential :)

Thansk man, that's some quality feedback that got me inspired to try to rearrange to a second version of the beat =)

This is good for your first dark trap beat you have the sound selection on point with the dark atmospheric sounds but your drums need to cut through the mix a lil more, your kick was being smothered by the 808 maybe try sidechaining the bass to the kick also layer the kick with another one that punches through low frequencies. The 808 is nice maybe trying adding some switch ups to spice the beat up but overall dope beat.

Check out my beats.
Hail Caesxr Beats
- YouTube

i like the main melody the bass is kinda low jus get rid of the lil jon ish tho way to old and played but other than that soild track keep up the good work

Back