Mulatto Masked jazzy beat (F4F)

CBG

CBG
What's up my fellow producers i'm here today to ask for your opinions, critics, suggestions and thoughts bout this beat. Made it a while ago but problems with the old synth's cost me month's til i get the courage to change then. Appreciate those who left like's, comments and follows on the soundcloud as well.

If by any chance you enjoy my productions and want to contribute with my work, check and like my page on facebook as well. It's good to mention that will return every feed, so please drop your links to me feed you back too. Thanks!

Last edited:
Sounds like some Italian Jazz sampled. I agree with the comment right above me tho ^^^ I would have gone with some dope dusty hip hop drums. The trap drums don't fit on this type of sample. I would honestly re work it with old school style drums.

The drum drop kinda set me off i would've maybe tried sampling some drums. The cymbal is also a little too loud too loud to my taste. The melody however is very nice, it keeps on changing and can keep my attention the whole beat, I aspire to melodies like this. Overall, nice job man! Keep at it!

I agree with all the above posts everything else is alright with the beat in terms of mixing but the drums really turned me off of this track because they don't fit well with the sample

I like the sample a lot on this would, I could see it being a very grimey track. However, I think the drums samples were the wrong choice for this sample. I think it would sound better if you scrap the drums, and get some chopped up breaks in there instead with some nice swing. I think my main problem is with the kick drum to be honest, so maybe try just switching that out at the start and see where it takes you. Track has potential with that sample, keep it up man.

Here is mine.
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...bap-trap-dirty-south-etc/new-beat-f4f-531621/

Thats a tight sample bro, i cant feel the drums as much tho
i would probably change them to some oldschool hard hitting drums but thats just me

The crash is too much loud, sub bass is missing for me, the hi hats are nice and changing, the clap makes it somehow wierd, its like it dosent fit in the mix, could hear this in a poker game lobby music tbh (Take that as a complimant), its creative tho :)

The sample is perfect with a nice flip, the change-up where it goes to a different part of the sample is well-arranged. I know it's been mentioned already but the drums are really what's holding it back. You could try compressing them to make it a little thicker so they have more presence. It might be more worthwhile and a better use of time just to find a different high quality sample pack to dig from for snares and crash cymbals (the kick and hi-hats are alright). Overall, it's pretty dope and has a lot of potential but the drums really to crack through to carry the track further

here's a link if you could return the feed, thanks!
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...casual-hieroglyphics-f4f-531752/#post50032171

Thanks everyone for the feeding, so far it seems that the problem with this beat is the drums.. not used to change the beats unless i sell them, but who knows on the future i could change one thing or two. Thanks for the tips guys, already have returned everyone's feed.

Last edited:
Thanks for your feedback to my beat. Ill be as direct and honest as possible. I like the sample you picked, i just think you didn't do enough to the overall beat. First, the beat is off at times, its almost as if the sample tempo is not correct to your overall project. The beat pattern and sample are not matched. The drums aren't mixed well and are low in volume in consideration to the sample. I would have put more effects into the sample to change the sound. It sounds like you chopped the sample, added the beat and that's it. I usually like to process the samples i use. Keep at it!

What's up my fellow producers i'm here today to ask for your opinions, critics, suggestions and thoughts bout this beat. Made it a while ago but problems with the old synth's cost me month's til i get the courage to change then. Appreciate those who left like's, comments and follows on the soundcloud as well.

If by any chance you enjoy my productions and want to contribute with my work, check and like my page on facebook as well. It's good to mention that will return every feed, so please drop your links to me feed you back too. Thanks!

It's crazy that you can pull off this jazzy style and also make dope trap beats, I like your variety man. enjoy your beats as always. I could hear this being in a movie or a comedy show or something. Instrumentation is cool, well put together/mixed. Maybe add a little more variety to it

Check out my new track:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...irty-south-etc/f4f-ballin-ayem-banger-531944/

Nice sample choice but there could be done more on the EQ by eliminating some unneeded sounds. The drums doesn't fit the sample at all man, too modern imo. Keep it up.

i agree with talon; i'm not so sure if someone could rap to this but it's nice to just listen to. the hihats seemed a little out of place but nothing major. liked the sample too. i dig it

Back