The Mountaintop - Boom-bappy Chill Ambient Hip Hop MLK Tribute - Showcase & Feedback

csbr

The Mountaintop - Boom-bappy Chill Ambient Hip Hop MLK Tribute - Showcase & Feedback

My latest track.. An MLK Tribute.. Has a boom-bappy type of feel.. with chill ambient soundscapes etc.. and a switch up at the end..

Showcase:

Feedback appreciated and returned with substance.

Thanks..

Cool intro. Cool melodies going on. Feeling the drums, though I wouldn't really describe them as boom bap, that's just me though. They are dope though. Especially when that kick starts going crazy! This is dope seriously. Nice work, the arrangement is great man. Damn, makes me want to work and get better for sure. Nice job.

Edit: The end just came on. You murdered this one. Crazy.

Check me out when you get a chance 'Friday'

Last edited:
I love the way you set the tone with the intro. The kicks leading into the drop are at perfect volume which make the drop sound crisp. Great drum work all the way thru the whole track. the fact that you transitioned MLK speech thru out the beat make this so interesting to listen to. The pause and drop mid beat was dope. Mix is great! keep it up man you have great talent!

mind returning the feed?

(Feed For Feed) GALAXY CLOUDS -- HIP-HOP SMOKING MUSIC

I love the way you set the tone with the intro. The kicks leading into the drop are at perfect volume which make the drop sound crisp. Great drum work all the way thru the whole track. the fact that you transitioned MLK speech thru out the beat make this so interesting to listen to. The pause and drop mid beat was dope. Mix is great! keep it up man you have great talent!

mind returning the feed?

(Feed For Feed) GALAXY CLOUDS -- HIP-HOP SMOKING MUSIC

I think I hit this track with feedback over at illmuzik but I left some here for you as well..

Thanks for the feedback too by the way, glad you liked it!

i like the intro I would shorten it though. I like the ambient vibe this has. The only thing Id say is that main snare sounds really stock to me id choose another one other than that really creative and smooth rtf what does this beat need F4F

Hit yours with feedback as well. Thanks!

Yes Lawd. Tell em' Martin! The feeling is there!!! The intro really sets the tone and lands right on time with the music. The music itself is very roomy and spaced out very well; balanced. The instruments that are used are clear and hit the mark. At the 1:53 mark, the conga/tabla drum seems a mite out of place. It could use a bit of variation in either volume or with the incorporation of another type of african/world-type drum to give it a little more pizzazz. It also slightly throws off the tone of urgency that the song has built to that point. The switch up at 2:33 was excellent, where the bass line comes in and out. It makes the song dynamic and lets the background vocals peek out at key points. These types of things are subtle but give this song a lot of character. I also like the recede and drop at 2:51. Great timing with everything! And then 3:20. Whoa. That's when the tension finally gives way to the climax and the song's presence is made palpable. At this point, a lot of variation could get the heads bobbing even more. A couple stops and instrument isolation here and there would give the climax that extra boost. Also, if an arpeggiator was used on this part, different sequences could also be a benefit. But I get it - the song itself is literally tiered like mountain! The start is very minimal but 3 minutes in you have ascended to the top of the song with a whole new perspective. At the end you are able to look back at your accomplishment and realize how far you've come.

Great track!! Really all of my nit-picking is just opinion. It's a feeling so I can't say what that should be. But I definitely felt what was being conveyed. Top marks all around. Keep up the great work!!

that background pad is ambient to say the least. love the texture of sounds going on. i love the hats you chose and how intricate you got with them. also not sure i would call it typical boom bao but i really like it especially the snare rolls. big fan of this dude you destroyed this. let me know if you have any advice for me if you have time my man!

SCUMBAG JONES | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Yes Lawd. Tell em' Martin! The feeling is there!!! The intro really sets the tone and lands right on time with the music. The music itself is very roomy and spaced out very well; balanced. The instruments that are used are clear and hit the mark. At the 1:53 mark, the conga/tabla drum seems a mite out of place. It could use a bit of variation in either volume or with the incorporation of another type of african/world-type drum to give it a little more pizzazz. It also slightly throws off the tone of urgency that the song has built to that point. The switch up at 2:33 was excellent, where the bass line comes in and out. It makes the song dynamic and lets the background vocals peek out at key points. These types of things are subtle but give this song a lot of character. I also like the recede and drop at 2:51. Great timing with everything! And then 3:20. Whoa. That's when the tension finally gives way to the climax and the song's presence is made palpable. At this point, a lot of variation could get the heads bobbing even more. A couple stops and instrument isolation here and there would give the climax that extra boost. Also, if an arpeggiator was used on this part, different sequences could also be a benefit. But I get it - the song itself is literally tiered like mountain! The start is very minimal but 3 minutes in you have ascended to the top of the song with a whole new perspective. At the end you are able to look back at your accomplishment and realize how far you've come.

Great track!! Really all of my nit-picking is just opinion. It's a feeling so I can't say what that should be. But I definitely felt what was being conveyed. Top marks all around. Keep up the great work!!

that background pad is ambient to say the least. love the texture of sounds going on. i love the hats you chose and how intricate you got with them. also not sure i would call it typical boom bao but i really like it especially the snare rolls. big fan of this dude you destroyed this. let me know if you have any advice for me if you have time my man!

SCUMBAG JONES | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Thank you both very much for the extensive review.. Appreciate it a lot. Left feedback for you @BeyondNormalThought over on Soundcloud.

Thanks!

Back