MiddleEast Classic Boombap (F4F)

CBG

CBG
Hey FP i'm here today to show and ask for critics, tips and of course, your sincere thoughts about this boombap, which is one of my favourites. :cool: Who cognize me knows that i always return the feed, so drop your links without fear.

Last edited:
Definitely like the middle eastern, west coast gangster style feel of this track. I would say maybe just add a little more variation. But all the sounds like drum-programming and instrumentation really do sound dope! Check one of my beats?

i recognize that sample from somewhere haha. cool track though, there could be more going on though in terms of adding more instruments/synths, it sounds kind of empty. other than that its good

really nice track, i like the way all the elements mesh well, the drums could use a little more mixing to get them perfect. Great work.

i recognize that sample from somewhere haha. cool track though, there could be more going on though in terms of adding more instruments/synths, it sounds kind of empty. other than that its good

i think thats the same sample as in the firm track of nas second album.

beat is dope!

Good sample choice but the bassline is off key in some places and the beat gets pretty repetative over some time listening. Good work though.

I'd suggest maybe working more on the mixing and having the drums sit better. other than that the sample definitely has a pretty cool groove to it, cool stuff dude!

yoooo i really like this. it really has that boom bap groove. and did you sample this from 'affirmative action' by nas? i instantly recognized it and it caught my attention and the sample went well with the drums. only thing i would change is to add some pauses to grip the listeners but other than that it's really nice.

This sounds really good, the mix and master is on the point. It's Boom-bam so I guess the repetition of that melody is ok, but me personally, I would add a break here or there with just the kicks and hi hats going, then the melody kicks right back in with perhaps a few new instruments as well to help with the transition. Regardless, the over-all production is pretty good, and the mix and master is actually balanced from what I'm able to hear.

Good shit

Classic sample you used there. You gave it a nice modern vibe, just need to add some harder drums and a better snare and this would really knock. keep it up.

Thanks for the feedback on my thread. Nice track overall. However, I feel the track can be a bit repetitive and could do with more major variation. You could also make those kicks more punchy so I really feel the boom in the track. The sub base is nice but could do some fine turning I think cause it would sound bettter as a continous pulse rather than the short ones you do. overall not bad though keep at it!.

Thanks for commenting in my thread, appreciate the feedback.

The sample is interesting, sounds like something the Wu-Tang would go in over. The pattern you've used for the bassline is cool, but it's a little low in the mix, I'd like to see it beefed up to make the beat feel heavier. The drums could also do with a boost, the sample kind of takes all the attention away from them. I like the parts that are pitched up, it works really well, keeps things fresh. Good stuff man, well done.

Returning Feedback:
Somehow, I don't really feel the beat, but I don't know exactly why. One thing is, that some percussion parts sound pretty random to me (the sounds don't really fit to the beat). Bassline is dope though!

This beat is fire, it has that classic boom bap flavor to it and I instantly started freestyling. What I would is to raise the levels or your kick, snare, bass, and the sample. It sounds good but try to get those elements to rest nicely in the beat rather than below or on top. But other than that, good work!

Back