MF Vandal - Path Of Exile - Produced By Da Headcutta - F4F

Hey man, nice beat!

Right off the bat, i can tell you that the rap vocals need some compression. I'm not listening to this on my monitors but the levels sound a bit rough, and when he gets loud its not very easy on the ears. Easy fix though, i thoroughly enjoyed the context and idea. I like the use of background vocals, but in my personal opinion, they should be turned down just a tiny bit. It sounds like you wanted your beat to dictate the groove and direction of the song, and the backup vox to dictate the vibe and atmosphere of it. You do this pretty well but to me the backup vox just sound theyre fighting with the instrumental to stand out. If i'm wrong and you wanted the backup vox to stand out, maybe just tame the highs and lows a little better so you can have a smooth top layer to work with. The beat itself is dope, i dig the brass vibe and i'm always a fan of acoustic drums. The only other problem lies in the fact that theres practically no low end or bassline to accompany the track, which in turn makes the pace of the song sound drawn out and sluggish like its just a really long bridge; but this is also a very easy fix. Overall i think you're absolutely moving in a good direction, I found myself really vibing with it at times and enjoying the sound, good work!

Last edited:
Summarized : Great Production/Average Mix. I love the song because of the dope sample flip and I tend to like UK rappers their flow. But the soung lacks that professional feel because the leveling isn't perfectly balanced out. Great job on the creative side of it though I really vibed to this one !

Check my latest beat out as well, let me know your thoughts ! ​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZgz1N2CdR4

Thanks sir yea the uk hiphop scene is great and artist actually care about putting out a good product unlike over here wit are trap rapper mumble rap overage its sad when compared

Back