Made a new chilled hip hop/lo-fi beat [Returning feedback]

Sodal

I made a new beat, am still learning the ropes and i'd appreciate it if you could check it out, any criticism is welcome!

Leave your beats or songs so i can return feedback!

Liked the melody, you got a good ear for samples.

But like homie above me said the drums need to be fixed as they're way off beat. Are you trying to create swing to humanize them?

The kick fits but I think you try a different snare. Bass sounds has a very strange low-fi quality to it but not in a good way. And the levels/mix are a bit off...the hi-hat is so low its nearly inaudible.

I think that this track has potential though, keep at it.

Here's a link to my latest track, peace.

@HailCaesar : Yeah i added swing to the drums so it was kinda on purpose the off beat but i obviously fucked up, didn't notice it was THAT off beat lmao. I thought about sidechaining but in the daw it sounded good, i think i just got ear fatigue without knowing, i'm making beats entirely with closed back headphones :s so that's maybe why... Thank you for the criticism and you time! it definitely helps a lot!

@Prince Danny the One : Yeah im adding swing to them, not a good idea ? And i crushed the bass a bit, not a whole lot but i guess that wasn't a good idea lol. I still have work to do on my mixing skills that i do know.

Thank you for your time and your feedback, i appreciate it!

Back