Love Remix (F4F)

MrMcDowell

Mr.McDowell
Hello All,

I remixed a song by Andy Mineo called Love. Mix wise, I feel like this is my best mix to date. Let me know how you feel about it(Mix,arrangement, anything).Any feedback or constructive criticism I'd appreciate it. All soundcloud comments, and etc would be appreciated. Dont be afraid to follow on soundcloud aswell lol. Dont forget to link your song so I can give you feedback on it. Thank You for your time.

This is dope man only thing you should do is turn the beat down just a tad and turn the vocals up a little as the vocals drown in the beat. That is the only criticism I have about it as other than that it is an exciting remix to listen to as the beat stays fresh the whole time and goes perfect with the lyrics. I never heard the original but have a hard time imagining it would fit better than yours so amazing job.

Let me know what you think about mine: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...he-ft-drake-schoolboy-q-2-phx-mix-f4f-512662/

Hello All,

I remixed a song by Andy Mineo called Love. Mix wise, I feel like this is my best mix to date. Let me know how you feel about it(Mix,arrangement, anything).Any feedback or constructive criticism I'd appreciate it. All soundcloud comments, and etc would be appreciated. Dont be afraid to follow on soundcloud aswell lol. Dont forget to link your song so I can give you feedback on it. Thank You for your time.

hey fam, ima hit u with that real honest feed. too many people are yes men on here cuz they want u to listen to their shit.

The following is just my opinion, do know I favor the darker jazzier shit like Lord Finesse:

1. that sax sample and clapping shit was mad corny to me, mainly because of the notes played, just a very played out penatonic scale and happy go-lucky vibe. however it is a song called love, so maybe i'm just an *******

2. the piano chords were DOPE but they conflict in a dissonant way with the female vocals. they just aren't the same chords or compatible chords. I hear what u were going for but it doesn't work to me and I am pretty open-minded and eclectic in my music taste. I also know how to play a few instruments myself

3. this beat is too similar to the og. the vibe is the same but it's more amateur.

you probably gonna hate me now and i would prob hate u if u took my shit apart like that.

don't give up and just continue to get experience and hone your ear. you still have potential since you made this shit. keep it up,

Whats up man!

The beat sounds like its pretty nice. This just sounds like a lot of things are going on i would probably mix the beat around the vocals a little more the track sits on top of the vocals when it should be the other way around. But thats a simple fix nice over all track!!

Check me out here - https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/production-techniques/showcase-your-music-give-and-receive-feedback-/rap-chill-rap-boom-bap-trap-dirty-south-etc/new-track-mgk-broken-beatz-ent-f4f-512689/

Last edited:
Goes hard!, mix is clean and crisp but overpowers the vocals by a lot, either lower the volume of the beat or turn up the vocals, also i think the kick could hit harder and have more low end, but beside that this song is dope af! i love it, Great work

- Returned

- Sol-RA

This a little...different for me, as far as the arrangement goes. The part I'm feeling the most is when you drop the 808s/sub bass in. I'm not a fan of the sax at all, just because I never was with any song, and I notice that that's the trend among pop songs now days, from Macklemore to Jason Derulo, but I personally just don't like it. I don't know if you have an open/close hi-hat sequence going in there, but it sounds like it...and I like it. Especially in contrast to the 808s playing behind it.

I'm not familiar with the original song, so I can't critique this based on the original. I can say that as is, it's not bad at all. Snares are hitting hard enough. Kicks could maybe be eq'd a little more for more punchiness, but I'm digging it regardless. I can say you're a producer I wouldn't mind hearing more work from though.

Bro this is dope. Really clean mixing.
I don't agree with other comments about vocals feeling overpowered.

Arrangement wise, the drops and clap breakdowns are cool, feeling that.
Harmonically there is definitely some clashing going on between that sax line and main chords and synth line. Most noticeable to me around 2.55

Dope bro keep em coming

Back