"Love Hip Hop" ft Rakim - F4F

Thanks again for your feed on my track; I'm here to return it!

I'm always a fan of your work so I was excited to see some new stuff from you up here! There are a lot of things I really like: I dig the bass line and the way the harmonic movement changes. The semitone movement in the harmonies and bass really gives it a laid back and jazzy vibe. The vocal sample is pretty cool too. I can hear this underneath a soundtrack or promotional video for an artist or label.

I dig the panning on the hi hats and the cool little ambient instruments as well. And the kind of twisted vocal samples are a nice touch.

Considering it's not a beat for and MC I think the mix is really good! If it were for a rapper I would probably boost some of the percussive elements, but I think for this type of track it's right where it should be - present but not in the way.

Great work again - keep it up! Always love hearing new music from you!

Cheers!

Returning feed. I love this. Dope sample chops and that simple drum beat fits perfectly with this. I think the mix could be a little more full and less bottom heavy but other than that, real nice work. Nothing bad to say. Keep it up my dude.

@hcgaron - thanks man, really appreciate it !

@SwagProductionz - thanks

@LVtheAura - Thanks. Word I get what you saying bout the track being bottom heavy, it's just I didn't want to add too much mid that would cover rakim's vocals.

@Mr. Fem Bot - Thanks and yep that's exactly what I was going for. The beat is simply a background for Rakim's vocals.

Back