Logic Type beat F4F

Yeah this is very logic type. The melody is good. Not an album Logic, more Bobby Tarantino Logic(I love how he has a different concept for his albums vs mixtapes). Especially with that square kinda 8 bit synth you have there. Is it me though or does it seem like there's hardly any panning for the song? Would make the 'heys' near the end slightly louder, almost DJ Mustard esque and obnoxious in the mix.

808 is pretty wavy.

There's a synth that has slightly too much distortion around 2:25 when alone. It's fine in the overall mix when the bass drops but it's slightly too much. It's good in general. Here's my beat if you're interested.

F4F Nebula by Mango (Soundtrack beat)

Last edited:
Thank you guys, very helpfull tips! I did Pan things, the "8bit sound" is 28% stereo separatd, Also used the "four strings" preset in the stereo enhancer for the ambient sample, then panned the violins 23% right and the last sound at 23% left, am i gettin the process right? I m still working on my panning game, it would be' very helpfull if you point me the right way to go. I m gonna be listening to tour Beats when i cani :)

Thank you guys, very helpfull tips! I did Pan things, the "8bit sound" is 28% stereo separatd, Also used the "four strings" preset in the stereo enhancer for the ambient sample, then panned the violins 23% right and the last sound at 23% left, am i gettin the process right? I m still working on my panning game, it would be' very helpfull if you point me the right way to go. I m gonna be listening to tour Beats when i cani :)
I'm assuming you're using FL.

Without being cliche there's no correct process. Best way is to just listen to a reference track and hear/see(use the FL Studio demo projects) how the synths are panned, so you can get a better idea. Maybe try 50% right, or even fully stereo separate the violin. Just mess around until it sounds right. Automate the panning as well so then certain sections can be faded out better or faded in better.

Sometimes you listen to songs and the producer goes hard with the panning(See Kanye West's Late Registration e.g.) and sometimes not so much. In my mixes my aim(sometimes works sometimes doesn't) is to fill as much as the space as possible without having frequencies clash and sounds stick out of the mix, as long as I do that, I've done my job mixing wise.

Last edited:
the melody could use some work, but that's the only con here. drums have MAD bounce, and your mix is clean. the star of the show though, is by FAR the bass line. that thing where the 808 zooms up the kick and then hums out is FIRE. this is really cool, love this shit. wish you had it uploaded on soundcloud so i could follow haha. keep it up!

grade A

be honest with me here
dragon boy jig | huff n puff | F4F

this is nice man, your 808 work is really good man it hits realllllly hard and our love the overall layout of the beat the cuts are perfect aswell. i think your mixing is actually good tbf but i struggle to mix myself so that might be why any feedback on this is appreciated ZAYTOVEN x MURDA INSPIRED BEAT [F4F]

Hey man the overall mix is decent. I feel like the kick lacks low end and is kinda too loud. Pretty that and layer a bassy kick under and it fill up the low end more. You could also drop a saturator on the snare and bring it up like 3 dbs to make it punch more. Like everyone else said, there could be some more panning and even panning automation to keep the hi hats from getting boring.

Back