Lazarus - Prod. JustDreamz

JustDreamz

Hi Everyone,

First Post! :victory: I wanted to share this new song I made and get some feedback. I'm really trying to take my production to the next level so I really do appreciate everyone's opinion. I went through some of the songs that are posted already and I think I could def learn a lot.

This song was inspired by "A dollar and a dream" by the Game ft. Ab-soul. I used it for an instrument template but went somewhere different I feel. Anyway..thanks for the listen and don't forget to post your link so I can return the favor.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this man - this is a great community with a ton of creative people who all have something to offer (IMHO).

I dig what you did with your beat here man. That little "industrial" percussion effect that sounds like chains or something is cool. And I think you've got a solid idea and ear for form and how things naturally progress and migrate from one section to the next. Definitely some very original ideas I'm hearing from you in terms of sounds as well - so great job there!

I do think the overall mix could contain more punch and energy. A lot of that is achieved in mixing and mastering, but truthfully mixing it to sound punchy and "in your face" is easiest when you begin with sounds that have that quality to begin with. So maybe picking another kick to layer in there and panning out your hats and layering a clap or something in there will all help you bring your sound out to the forefront.

Great work though - keep it up!

Please check out my latest when you have a chance: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ty-south-etc/new-smooth-beat-lifetime-516732/

Cheers!

Wow, that's really good feedback. Yea I definately think I can layer more drums together. I started with a drum loop and layered the kick on top but when I mixed it, I took out most of the bottom end of the loop so I hear what you're saying.

This is very very very very creative. Never heard a style like this before - honestly! Mixdown seems pretty clean. Only 2 things i would critizise: The "riser" before the drop hurts in my ears - try to filter the high noisy frequencies with a parametric eq / passive eq. Kickdrum could sound more outstanding and stronger through the complete drum section. All in all this is inspiring! Definitely will come far if you improve those little things.

Returned :)

This is dope af. love the synths and vocals in the background. also like the drum pattern but i feel like the kick could be stronger maybe by layering a sub on it. Mix is clean. good arrangement. Great Beat!

- Returned

- Sol-RA

Yeah man this is supa dope real og and that 808 bass drop is placed perfectly..overall great work!

awesome job on this one bro. very creative diff style which is a positive thing. The mixing sounds great, I can honestly see Soul on this beat thats whuts krazy. keep it up bro. n

This is dope dude. I love the ambiance and atmosphere the track emits. Fire! I agree you def have a firm grasp on music theory and crafting your own sound but I agree with one of the comments above. Your sounds are everything, so Yeah go get you some quality sounds (dont be afraid to pay lol). And mixing is the next big hitter, those drums on a dark track like this have to bang, gotta have that umph, Sidechaining, compressing, limiting, and eq'n are a producers best friend. Im still learning myself but I stay reading and watching tutorials to get better ya know.

heres my thread for feeeds when you get a chance thanks

I personally enjoyed it. Different from what someone would typically hear. Definitely like the percussion and use of instruments. Keep it up!

Back