Late Weeks (song) [F4F]

Love the guitar in this. I think at times your voice gets a bit too loud(e.g. around 45s) I think you could lower the volume when you distort your voice so the levels stay the same.

Like the bass and how it drops subtly as well. Can't really comment too much on the lyrics since its not really a rap song and its more abstract poetry but the melody is fine for the most part too. Not really my style but as a song it's done pretty well.

I'll start by saying this isn't the type of thing that I'd normally gravitate towards, but I'll give feedback as best as I can. So the instrumentation is definitely the the biggest draw for me. I personally don't like too many effects on the voice, especially if it doesn't really change over time. I would've preferred to hear clean or light effects because the heavy effects clash with the instruments a bit. The thing I would take note of is the lack of variance in the vocals---besides the instruments, there wasn't much vocal wise that was drawing me in. I could either see more dynamic vocal effects or a change in pace, or make the track heavier on the instrumentation and have the vocals support that.

I will be honest, I don't like this kind of vocal but that's just my taste in music so I will do the best I can.
Guitar is pretty good. The beat is fine but that snare sound is used by almost everyone. You should come up with a better snare sound in this. The vocal has too much effects and doesn't sound so professional. It seems you're new at vocal recording but that's okay, if you can fix this that would be awesome.

I will be honest, I don't like this kind of vocal but that's just my taste in music so I will do the best I can.
Guitar is pretty good. The beat is fine but that snare sound is used by almost everyone. You should come up with a better snare sound in this. The vocal has too much effects and doesn't sound so professional. It seems you're new at vocal recording but that's okay, if you can fix this that would be awesome.
Thanks for listening to the song. I’m not actually new to recording vocals at all - but I wasn’t involved with the mixing part, that was my engineer. What type of vocals do you like? What else didn’t you like about the vocals apart from the effects?

Last edited:
I agree with the others, try lowering the vocal a tad, compressing them, and remove some the reverb effects. I do like the vocal melodies themselves though.

The guitar is nice sounding. I feel like the rest of the beat is a bit bland. I think the vocals work pretty well. Maybe could be a little quieter in some spots like others said. You ride the beat pretty well with your slow singing.

Back