Kendrick Lamar type beat - "Butterfly" (Prod. King-Vis)

This beat is dope as f! A few fillins on the drums going into/out-of the hook/verses would be dope. It reminds me of Little Brother/Murs more than Kendrick. I would remix it...have the perfect acapella for it, but kinda tired. Might do it tomorrow. Also the tags bug me lol. I keep telling dudes you don't need to tag your beats so much anymore. Put one in the intro and maybe outro..thats enough. I been around this for years...you are more likely to lose out on a dope rapper using your beat because of tags. If some lame rapper steals it, no one hears it anyway.
Yeah I agree, the tag is unnecessary. I will reduce the use of tags in the future. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for the feed on my stuff, and im definitely vibing with this beat. chord progression is on point and instrument selection is nice. keep it up dude.

The swing on the drums are dope af. Digging the vibe of this. The track sounds empty without a bassline during the verses tho. It could really help push the track to the next level. The chorus is dope. Being nit picky here, but I feel like the keys sound a little thin in the mix. Dope track.

Return the favor: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ap-dirty-south-etc/new-beat-going-f4f-516124/
I agree with the keys, they do sound thin. Still working on my mixing skills. Thanks for the feedback, returning it!

Great groove to it, I like the overall relaxed vibe it has. The only thing I would've done is make the bass a little louder, just to see how that would sound. Other than that I like it.

Last edited:
Great groove to it, I like the overall relaxed vibe it has. The only thing I would've done is make the bass a little louder, just to see how that would sound. Other than that I like it.

Actually the bass was louder in an early mix. I felt it was too loud though, that's why I lowered it. But thanks for the feedback.

I dig the beat fam. It definitely has that cole/kendrick vibe. I would say to really make the beat pop out more, add a few more variations and it'll help keep the enegy up in the beat. With the right artist this beat would be a good backdrop for them to rap over. Good work fam.

I dig the beat fam. It definitely has that cole/kendrick vibe. I would say to really make the beat pop out more, add a few more variations and it'll help keep the enegy up in the beat. With the right artist this beat would be a good backdrop for them to rap over. Good work fam.
Thanks for the feedback bro, appreciate the comment.

def needs an intro imo but this is so smooth, so chill. I see what you mean about a simple drum pattern but Id say compromise and add only a liiiiiiittle variation. But the hook comes together so well. Dope track man. And as far as your producer tag I would just remove the 2nd part she kinda stutters after she says it the first time. otherwise dope track

Heres my thread for feedback thanks!

def needs an intro imo but this is so smooth, so chill. I see what you mean about a simple drum pattern but Id say compromise and add only a liiiiiiittle variation. But the hook comes together so well. Dope track man. And as far as your producer tag I would just remove the 2nd part she kinda stutters after she says it the first time. otherwise dope track

Heres my thread for feedback thanks!
I just returned the feedback on your track "Manifested". Did a nice job! Thanks for the feedback on my track.

Back