J Dilla influenced. Summer vibes [FEED FOR FEED]

Really appreciate boom baps, and think this one is quite interesting. When it begins i thought that would be normal but when it dropped surprised me. Bass line is nice, kick & snare playing match's with it. Like the synth in the final part. Good master and mixing. Could you check any track on my soundcloud please?

Turn the closed hat down in the mix a little. Other than that I like it - the melodic pieces are nice and there's good variety with the drums.

I'm feeling this a lot man, the bass sounds great and right around the 0:45 mark it sounds like some old school Fugees shit lol. The kick cuts through really well and I liked your choice in snare - still gives a knock but it isn't overpowering. I like the melody of the vocal sample but I'm still a little torn on whether I think it fits or not. I think it sticks out to me because it sounds the most synthetic/least organic of all the sounds in here. I'm wondering if a chill/soft pad might work instead, or maybe just putting a filter over the chords to subdue it a little. Just some thoughts - obviously if you're cool with it, then that's all that matters. Overall though I think this is dope.

If you got a second, I'd appreciate any feedback on mine: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...etc/jazz-sampled-madlib-inspired-beat-524422/

The whole feel of this is really dope to me man, I love the drum choices and the changes which prevent it from getting repetitive. Dope work!

I'm feeling this a lot man, the bass sounds great and right around the 0:45 mark it sounds like some old school Fugees shit lol. The kick cuts through really well and I liked your choice in snare - still gives a knock but it isn't overpowering. I like the melody of the vocal sample but I'm still a little torn on whether I think it fits or not. I think it sticks out to me because it sounds the most synthetic/least organic of all the sounds in here. I'm wondering if a chill/soft pad might work instead, or maybe just putting a filter over the chords to subdue it a little. Just some thoughts - obviously if you're cool with it, then that's all that matters. Overall though I think this is dope.

If you got a second, I'd appreciate any feedback on mine: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...etc/jazz-sampled-madlib-inspired-beat-524422/
Thanks a lot for the detailed answer! Feed Returned!

This is really really good. Perfect drums.
I don't hear the Dilla influence but more of a Havoc/Q-Tip influence. Dope nontheless.

Back