J. Cole Type Beat - Season Premiere (Produced by Da Archangels) F4F100%

wildinout8

New J. Cole type hip hop joint produced by myself - let me know the good, the bad and the ugly and I will return all feedback and social follows 100%.

Last edited:
Drums are cool not really feeling the melody sound choice. If you wanna keep those sounds I'd try adding more effects to them reverb, delay etc. sounds too dry atm.

YouTube

I like the boom bap drums they sound nice and hit hard not to sure how I feel about the other instrumentation I would probs change the other sounds and replace them with a nice piano and some strings.

Check out my latest.
[F4F] Trippie Redd x Travis Scott Type Beat [F4F]

I appreciate the feedback!

Replace everything with some nice piano and some strings on the boom bap beat? Not a digeridoo and a flute? Not a fiddle and ukulele?

Drums are cool not really feeling the melody sound choice. If you wanna keep those sounds I'd try adding more effects to them reverb, delay etc. sounds too dry atm.

YouTube

I appreciate the feedback and agree that the track could use some effects to glue it together.

Your beat is cool - mix is clean and I dig the reverb and delay on the snare hits. I just would like to hear some variation in the pad melody and something that distinguishes your personality against all of the other trap producers.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. I agree with all the opinions above, drums are really cool and mixed well but main synth and bass sounds are not get a long. It feels like all the instrumentals is playing different chords. I would just kept the main synth and put a monophonic bass on it. OR how about using a sample since it's a boombap beat? It was just my opinion though.

The lower frequencies and percussion win this track, they're 10/10. I totally get the boom bap vibe you're going for here and it sounds decent. I think it could be better though. I would reconsider the top melodies; I think with better sounds and better melodies this could be more of a banger. Each melody sounds completely distinct from the others; you want the melodies to fit together, but in this one starts then stops, then a completely different one starts then stops. It's confusing a little bit. Also some kind of soft pad in the background would be great to provide more continuity to the beat. You have a solid foundation here; like I said I love the percussion pattern and the bass/hum, but I would focus on redesigning the melody structures.

Would appreciate any feedback on mine! Thanks
New Beat Dropped "Unstoppable" } Legit F4F

I feel like the second melody is off tune, no offense. I also don't think that you should replace the sounds with some other sounds. The other sounds make it feel raw kinda. The drums are good also. I can see someone rap on this.

Last edited:
Pretty solid beat. I like the vibe and the drum programming. I would only add some pad chords under the melody to tight it up the whole concept. Keep up with the good work!

Check me out: Rebirth

Appreciate all of the feedback so far and it should have been returned by now. If not, lemme know and I got you.

I appreciate the feedback!

Replace everything with some nice piano and some strings on the boom bap beat? Not a digeridoo and a flute? Not a fiddle and ukulele?

i think its conl as is good to hear more boom bap around hear hope 2 hear more like this from u sir

Back