inFormal aJ - Static Scent (My second official song. Please do critique)

inFormal_aJ

Doing it The inFormal way
inFormal aJ - Static Scent || New Producer. Please don't be so harsh :D

Hi there, I'm new here. I was just wondering if you could review my track, like you know criticize and put out the flaws in my mix. Don't worry, it's like, 5 mins long :D

It's just that I badly need to know where i stand as a Music producer and can only know this by asking an experienced person like you. It will help me develop my weaker side. I'm not saying that you should listen to all my tracks. Just one will do, but please do comment.

Also, I'm the one who is singing the chorus. Please do critique on that too coz its my first time :(

Thank you.
Greetings from AJ :)

Need to follow you or review your tracks? Just put the information below so i can check it out :)
And don't hesitate to subscribe as when you subscribe, i'll subscribe back :D

Last edited:
This is solid bro! I like how it starts off chill and gets heavy. Beat is simple, but simple is effective. lyrics are good, and the mix seems fine really. Nice job

This is solid bro! I like how it starts off chill and gets heavy. Beat is simple, but simple is effective. lyrics are good, and the mix seems fine really. Nice job

Wow, tnx bro. That felt good :)
Hey, can you also post some reviews regarding my voice? I'm the one singing the chorus and its my first time :D
So back to music, do i look like some pro in this beat?

Can't wait for your feedback :)

The thing about the chorus is, its hard to tell when the chorus comes in, its not seperated enough from the rest of the beat...more instruments needed, or take some out during the verses....the vocals themselves could probably turned up, but you a got a good voice, you and the rapper. Good shit man

The thing about the chorus is, its hard to tell when the chorus comes in, its not seperated enough from the rest of the beat...more instruments needed, or take some out during the verses....the vocals themselves could probably turned up, but you a got a good voice, you and the rapper. Good shit man

Tnx for commenting on my voice bro :)
Made me one step up :D

As the song started, I was initially interested. However, that sound in the back (I guess some type of guitar) quickly became tiresome. It may just be because that's not exactly my type of music. I'm sure people that like rock type songs would take a particular interest to that instrument. Overall, not a bad song though

Not really feeling the intro melody but I'm kind of digging the rest of the beat. Mix is decent for the type of track it is. Not really feeling the vocals, they don't utilize the full potential of the beat. Not a bad production. As far as where you stand as a producer.. it's kind of hard to say. One thing I can say is that you definitely have your own sound, which it doesn't seem like you come by very often in this art.. lot's of people emulate whatever is current. Now will your style catch on? I think you need to find artists that can compliment that style. It kind of has a retro feel to it with the types of snare you use but the synths give it a sort of modern feel. I'd say keep doing it and see what comes of it as you get better.

Check out my latest: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...c/check-out-my-new-beat-remix-contest-501695/

This got a whole lot of energy!

I think that the vocals gets drowned in the mix, and they could use a little brush up. You could try to EQ some of the instruments to make room for the vocals, but I think that parallel compression would do a better job. If you already did a PC track for your vocals you could turn that up after the intro.

good job!

Thank you Zacobe and BigEarsMixes for your kind reply.. :D

I noted the things you mentioned.

Last edited:
Sorry bro, i was using mobile so i couldn't listen to your track. I'll definetely do it when i'm on the pc

I see the point of your critique now. You got a similar drum technique. But you amplify the hell out of it by heavily layering some loud higher octave instruments. Dope. Nothing short of it.

This shit rocks man. I like the hook. It does need a little set off, maybe by a slight tweak of the drum pattern on the second half. This is so amped all the way around.

I'm inspired by this man. On the real.

Cheers.

I see the point of your critique now. You got a similar drum technique. But you amplify the hell out of it by heavily layering some loud higher octave instruments. Dope. Nothing short of it.

This shit rocks man. I like the hook. It does need a little set off, maybe by a slight tweak of the drum pattern on the second half. This is so amped all the way around.

I'm inspired by this man. On the real.

Cheers.

Thanks mate :) It means a lot because its the first time someones getting inspired because of me :D

In fact, I came up with the beat Pulse on my soundcloud immediately after hearing this. It's rough, but I wanted something more aggressive sounding...

https://soundcloud.com/envizion-1/pulse

Good intro mate and the overall idea is superb. You can make this track epic by providing enough power to the elements. The drum definitely needs to stand out. and other elements need to show their true power. Keep on working on it. I'm sure you'll get something awesome out of this. Good work mate. Keep it up. :)

Back