I Need honest RAW feedback Don't Bite your tongue. (Release the DOGS)

1WORD

So basically i've been working at this craft for a while now and have decided to take it really serious now and with that being said i wanted to know where i stand. So i thought to myself what better place than this forum with so much talent and so many different styles and ears.

So Please guys do me a FAVOR do not go SOFT on me.
Tell me what you don't like and why you don't and don't be afraid to tell what you DO you like.

Oh and P.S. I will also review and give you feedback as well.

Drop your links BELOW.

I feel like the first note is a weird minor and kinda makes it feel like its a foreboding beat but then also uplifting if that makes sense? still trying to figure out how I feel about it haha. you have some cool sound manipulations but they might be a bit loud on top of the beat. the snare feels a little flat as well. some layers and reverb would cure that I think. Keep working man this is a cool project. I would love to see more!

check me out!
K Dangerous Back Again! A British Grime remix!! what do you think? F4F always!

Thank you bro. I checked out your soundcloud Really dope stuff bro keep it up i left you some feed back as well.

Thank you for listening bro.

As kdanger said, you started in a minor key but something changed and it made it happy :)). I think half of the progression is sad and then it suddenly goes happy.
I actually like that to be honest, I think it's interesting.
I think the weird glitchy sounds that come in at certain points during the track should be turned down in such a way that you can hear it but at the same time don't get in the way of the track.
The Subbass line needs to be lower in the mix too in my opinion. It's too much on the ears.
Other than that, its really quite unique, you have to find that certain market niche to promote it to and you're good.
Keep making the beats and keep posting them for feedback.
Drop some feedback here also when you have the time https://www.futureproducers.com/for...will-return-all-feedback-501343/#post49911188

1WORD,

Its hard to be "tough" on such an opinion based topic. Some people like their mixes soft and small, others hard and wide, genres vary heavily, yada yada. With that being said. I really dig that choir thing you got going it sounds really wide. However, I don't know who I would hear rapping on this. Its not too much going on its just enough to stay open and still sound good. Change up is dope too man. Good stuff, mix is nice from what I can hear. Really like the scond piano melody that comes in it sounds less forced and more open or free. Even though its at the ends its my fav part. Good stuff hit me back when you can dude - https://www.futureproducers.com/for...irty-south-etc/new-record-prod-me-f4f-501299/

It kind of sound like there are many sounds put together in the beat you might wanna take out a couple and change up the melody at some parts of it. Keep up the good work G

Crossroads

Thank you for the feedback and time you took out to listen it is much appreciated bro. And i really don't know much about music theory but i just listen to it and if it sounds right i continue. And your right after a second listen i would re-mix this completely different.

I check out your track as well bruh its fire i like the vibe i left you a comment in Soundcloud.

Last edited:
[URL="https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/members/173633.html"]itzdlo[/URL]

Thank you for being as honest as you can. I believe that you can only grow through honestly and not having people around you that go with everything you say, Because friends always want to not hurt your feeling ECT. Thank you for all of the feedback bro.

I listen to your stuff as well it sounds dope that kanye west remix is dope.
I can't say this enough the game needs remixes. Its lacking for real EDM has been doing it successful for so long its just how music should be made. More power to you bro.

Oh BTW most people don't even notice that paino at the end since i distorted it so much lol

The mix is pretty cloudy. I kept listening for some crispier drums to kick in but it never happened. It sounded interesting but not very ear pleasing.

Yo, I thought most of the instrumentation of this beat sounded pretty cool. It felt a little off kilter, but in a good way. Like the off kilterness gave it a twisted funky vibe. I wasn't quite feeling the drums, and a times the bass. The drums samples sounded kind of cheesy for lack of a better word, and sometimes the pattern felt and the bass felt awkward, like it drew unnecessary attention to itself. I'd like to hear what you think of my new beat:

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...e-beat-peter-p-rker-chamber-music-f4f-501184/

So, this is just my musical opinion (and im completely self-taught, dont know a damn thing about music theory)....but I would work on your
melodies. I judge my Instrumentals based off if a rapper sounds good over my beat. I try to make my beat for the rapper to shine through. Recite a rap verse over your instrumental and it just doesnt work. The first beat I ever made and showed it to a friend(9 yrs ago), he laughed in my face. After that, I figured it couldnt get any worse, so every beat I made after that kept getting better and better.Make a beat EVERY DAY, You will get there. Compare yourself to your fellow FP Fam, listening to these MF makes me wanna work harder. Focus on EQ, thats what makes your snares pop and Bass Hit. Make sure your panning your instruments slightly to spread out the sound. Sorry if I got random, but you will get there. https://soundcloud.com/gnasty-music-productions

Last edited:
Back