Hurricane - Pusha T, Schoolboy Q type beat (F4F) - prod. by Jack Muta

Gude,

crazy beat man. I would bring the drums a bit more upfront and lessen the reverb on them, also the snare sounds a tiny bit panned to the right? I like the bassline, maybe you could give it more drive with a more dominant kickdrum. I like the creativy sounddesign, it doenst sound like trap 101 and the stuff most ppl do.

This is dope! like the wonky sample. Tight drums, feels like you mixed traditional with some 808 drums. feels good! great work!

To be honest, I expected it to drop harder after the intro but I was pleasantly surprised by the flow of the song. This is being added to the in the car freestyle playlist for sure. Keep up the good work. Please tell me what you think of my stuff as well. soundcloud.com/syntaxraps
Drop links and I'll return feed ASAP.

This is dope fam and I can definitely hear Pusha on this. The only thing I would say is to make your drums stand out more. Try eq'ing and compression. Other than that everything else is on point. Keep up the good work

Dope as composition, definitely like what you brought to the table here this is fire, yea, once you start get your drums more present you your gonna be set.
One thing you should try to do that all pros do is, is make your drums the priority when mixing. As in it is the first thing you work on in your mix, all other elements will resided around them. Dope shit bruh! 1

Hey thanks for leaving feedback for me, sorry it took so long to get back to you! Really like this man, I like the vibe to it. The mix is good but I feel some reverb could go a long way to filling up some empty spaces. Dope work man, look forward to your future releases!

To be honest, I expected it to drop harder after the intro but I was pleasantly surprised by the flow of the song. This is being added to the in the car freestyle playlist for sure. Keep up the good work. Please tell me what you think of my stuff as well. soundcloud.com/syntaxraps

I checked you out. I dig your rhyme schemes, flow and lyrics for sure. Delivery's pretty nice too. I'd like to hear more catchy hooks and imo you rely on the pitched down vocal thing a little too often for my taste. Also, I think the mixes sound a little unpolished and your vocals get lost at times and the low end can be kind of weak (at least on my monitors). I'm being overly critical with your music just because I think you have a lot of potential and talent as a vocalist, and I think if your production quality and writing improve just a little you could really have some dope shit together. I also rap and back in the day used to make music somewhat similar to this (multisyllabic rhyme schemes, dark vibes, old school inspired) so I'm definitely nitpicking. But keep it up and keep me updated when you drop some new stuff. Also, a lot of people won't give you feedback if you don't post a thread in the forums fyi.

Thanks everyone for the feed. I returned everyone that dropped links. just finished revisiting the mix and made sure the drums smack a lot harder. Still trying to find the right balance of slapping drums and bass without it being too much so this is helpful. Keep the feedback and comments and links coming!

Back