Horror Movie Dreams

It's a dark beat I made after watching It Follows, I feel like it builds a similar feeling of dread. Check it out, let me know if that's the case. I used to just **** around on FL Studio but I'm trying to take it serious and learn a thing or two about music, so criticism is wanted/needed.

the sickness Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos (Horror Movie Dreams)

P.S. Iono how to link direct to a song so please let me know how, if possible.

individually your sounds are solid but the lead doesn't blend so well it throws the beat off over all it sounded better when you took it off. but i wouldn't take it out but mix it in better. just in my opinion i would switch up the drum pattern. overall its not bad it just needs a few tweaks. and for the feel it i havent watch a horror movie in a minute but it seems more like something you'd hear in a trailer for an action movie. keep grinding

check out these for me
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...om-bap-trap-dirty-south-etc/beats-f4f-498849/

Thanks for the reply and the input. I get what you mean about the drums needing a switch up, but for the lead I dunno what to do. Maybe separate the violin from the organ and choir sounds like melody switch up?

Sounds kinda distorted, I believe you've used a lot of low end. Would sound better if you'd lower the leading sounds a bit, and make the drums louder.

Back